26. Finale

My eyes open. I'm in love with Sepher ~

The angels unleash their arms, my eyes dilating with theirs, they thrust their hands in my chest, as my heart pumps blaring. "You no longer have healing powers."

They yank their hands out, and my body crumples to the floor, I brush my nose, removing my index finger, merely to uncover blood. As more dots lower to the ground. What in the gods? "Angels?", my voice calls, out saddened. But they're gone.

My face sinks flat on the floor, tears declining on the leaves, but the sound of rumbling alarms me, and my gaze is diverted... to you.

"Shira.", he calls out, my hands reaching for him. "Are you alright?"

Before I could answer, my eyes noticed how Sepher's face weakened. "What's wrong?"

But it was too late, my body was on the ground. It was gone. I was gone.

• Sepher

My arms gently harvest Shira's body. Not knowing what to do. What's wrong with her? What's wrong with me? This is the king's maiden, I cannot be doing this. But why do I feel the urge to help her? To heal her? She cannot die at my hands. I won't allow it. My legs sprung up, as wings stretched around my back, and we were soaring through the sky. "There is someone who can heal her."

My body soars through the sky, through GloomWord, the darkest realm of all. Low, leaden clouds piled on top of the other. Pressing down on the realm, ominous and foreboding, impassive.

As icy tendrils of air curled around us. We scoured for a way inside a cabin, a familiar cabin. But the whispers and scratches were noisy. The wind moans, forcing us farther away. My legs bent and twisted attempting to fight it off. By the time the shadows darken, the door unlocks. And we were safe. "What are you doing here?"

"It's her majesty. Please take a look, my friend."

He raises his eyebrows, giving me a slight look. "Rest her on the table."

My friend positions his hands on her chest, barring his eyes, as the winds drag more potent and blaring. "What's wrong?", I ask, but he doesn't answer, a glass bottle dips onto the base, and he ceases. "I'm sorry, but there's frivolity I can do."

"Plea-"

Before my pleading could conclude, he spoke. "Her curse is a gift, it runs too profound. Perhaps if I'd seen it prematurely, she could be preserved, but it's too belatedly now. I'm sorry, but I cannot aid you."

My eyes fall. This cannot be. Why didn't she inform me? Why didn't she attempt to save herself?

"There must be something.", my voice continues. "Perhaps, a few potions may aid. It'll help slow down the process, but it won't remove the curse."

My voice lets out a sigh, as my hand drives through my locs.

"She'll soon perish. She is Queen. Do not fall for this girl. It'll do neither of you any good."

That's too late

"What's wrong?", Shira asks, her eyes on mine.

• Shira

My glance falls on Sepher, whose eyes are now glossy. Does he know?