25. Final War

"And I have a vision.", Sepher persists, as his hand enfolds over mine.

"Where art though Astrea~"

A portal opens my mouth curves, my gaze diverting to Sepher, and we vault through. Merely to find...

A gash of radiant light broke through the cauldron-black sky, as titan-red blood squirted from the warriors' wounds, who wailed and screamed before their necks were slit. We were mangling and gashing their serried ranks under a starless sky. As storms of arrows were buzzing and fizzing through the sky. My men were snarling and squealing as the ground became greasy with gore. The swords were clinking and clashing under the churning sky, then the sound of their bones snapping and shattering as a flood of monsters broke the lines, reverting my gaze, my hand reaching for Sepher, and a portal opened. Bringing us to the Realm of Angels. "Why'd you do that? The kingdom! They need us.", Sepher yells.

"We are no good to them if we're dead.", my voice squeals, as Sepher falls to the floor, tears forming in his eyes, but my gaze hastily diverts from him, when my eyes detect two angels staring, their eyes nearing mine. They aren't the same angels. But I'm sure they want the same thing. Sephers' pure heart.

My legs meet theirs, moving away from Sepher's. "What do you want?", I ask, already knowing their response.

"We will only heal your heart if you bring us the heart of Sepher. Remember, Shira. We are always watching, every pure thought, every dark image in your head. We know, you cannot hide from us, anymore."

Conversations with Sepher & Shira

"I'm flattered, by the attribute, that you remember me." - Sepher

"Why is it that we desire what we cannot have?" - Sepher

"Breathtaking" - Sepher

"Because if I said, when I see your betrothed, I wish she was holding my hand instead of yours. My mind wishes to learn more about her without having to fret about whether people will talk. I'm enchanted by her, yet she isn't mine. Because that will surely go well with his majesty." - Sepher

"How could I ever hate you?" - Sepher

"I couldn't bring myself to harm him." - Shira

"But if we're not friends. What are we?" - Shira

"Who did this to you?" - Sepher

"Whatever you're unsure about, I'll be there for you. Think of me as your royal guide. Yours. Only yours." - Sepher

My eyes open. I'm in love with Sepher ~

To Be Continued...