8. Run!

We made it too shore as silent as we could possibly be.

"Should we split up?" Donner whispered.

"No, we don't know where Kate is and neither the people that came ashore. It's better if we stick together." replied Beda.

Besides me everyone else took out their weapons. I sighed and picked up a stick to the hilarious laugh of Worm. We made our way through the woods and oddly enough not a sound was heard besides our footsteps through the brush. A bloodcurdling scream rang out and echoed through out the woods. We all took off towards the scream till we heard nothing but silence again.

"Anyone see anything?" I asked.

Alex took a step forward and touch the tree in front of him. Pulling his hand away the moonlight revealed something dripping from his hand.

"Is that...blood?" Donner gulped and backed up into Stella. Stella  tripped and fell to the ground.

"What is..." She lifted up her hand then frantically back peddled. Worm and I helped her up. Where she fell, the ground was covered in blood and there lay a dismembered body.

"Holy shit" Worm stated for the rest off us. Beda bent down and picked something off the ground "It was a marine, this is a marine hat."

I felt a tap on my shoulder as Alex was trying to get my attention. 

"What?"

He pointed and I turned following his gaze. It was dark but there was definitely something a little ways in front of us in the brush 

"Guys..."

They now noticed. The darkness lit up by the moonlight revealing two huge clawed hands, covered in smooth black fur and then its face came into view. Sharp teeth and those red eyes...ones Kate had before. A werewolf.

I could almost hear Kate's voice ring out telling us to run.

"Down girl..." Worm said as he took one step back. The werewolf rang out with a growl that shook the treetops. I swear I felt my bones shake.

"Run!" Screamed Stella.

Not a split second thought, we all took off. It was so fast. Worm just narrowly avoided a swipe from its claws as he swung from a tree branch with his whip. It caught the backside of his shirt, tearing it open. Luckily the tree itself fell down on top of the werewolf. We were at the shore in an instant but on the other side of the island where the marines had actually set up camp. We surprised them but they quickly picked up their guns, aiming them at us. We put our hands up.  I peered behind one of the men to see a girl in a cage. She wasn't like a villager girl she was like Kate but wearing more black to match her hair. Above her cage was a smaller one, containing some type of bird in it.

"They look like pirates!" One of the men shouted.

"Cage them up with the girl!"

The werewolf came barreling out of the woods and we took off towards the marines. They seemed shocked to the point where none of them noticed us running past them. The werewolf made short work of some of them as it took one swipe and they went flying into the trees. The werewolf also sent the two cages flying as it charged through them.

"Shit! Where do we go?" Donner shouted.

I saw some rock ledges up ahead, if Kate cant swim then I pray to god the werewolf can't as well. I yelled for the others to follow me as I heard gunshots behind us. Glancing back their gunshots were followed by screams. I sped up as the ledge approached and jumped right into the water. The others jumped in around me as well. I took a breath of air as I surfaced and met with a glare  from the werewolf above. It tilted its head back and howled. A growl erupted and that's when I noticed the sun was now coming up. The werewolf took off down the shoreline away from the marine camp.

"This way!" Beda shouted as we all swam back to shore.

As soon as I made it to shore I ran after the werewolf. I heard the others shouting my name but I just kept my eye on the wolf. I followed it into the brush until it found a clearing. It got down on all fours and well from here it looked like it was sick. I felt a hand on my shoulder as Stella knelt down next to me. The others appeared from behind us and knelt down as well. The werewolf started shrinking, skin changing, fur disappearing till Kate started appearing.

"I don't believe it" Donner said for all us.

"Freeze where you are!" Marines came out from the brush with guns pointed at us. We turned with our hands up. There was nine of them in total. Nine versus six. Great.

"Drop your weapons now and get down on the ground!"

Weapon...I didn't have one seeing as I dropped my stick when we took off running from the werewolf. The others dropped their weapons and we got down on our knees. A rustling came from behind us as Kate flipped over me and sliced the nearest marine with her sword. Worm picked up his whip and pulled a gun from a marine and shot him. The others picked up their weapons too and attacked them. I ran forward and punched one of them that wasn't looking at me. Kate grabbed his collar from behind and threw him into another marine where Alex and Beda cut them down. I was prepared to fight another one but there was no one left to fight. I looked over at Kate who turned around to face us, still out of breath from her change, her eyes were still red. They changed back and that's when it clicked. I didn't believe it but it was true. All of it. 

Kate is a werewolf.