31. The Collaspe

Thomas and I managed to push the wheel, unfortunately looking over, the guards had retaken the other side. Pulling out my bow I fired a shot knocking a guard down then dodging out of the way of someone else's arrow. Alex pushes one right off the wall then takes out two more guards.

"He's going to need help turning that one!" Thomas yells taking a few steps towards it when Alex, himself, turns the wheel on his own. There's a rumble as the broken doors slide open. A thud is heard as the dead land shark drops to the ground allowing passage through the gate doors. 

Alex raises his hand up in victory as I find myself doing the same. 

Thomas helps me up to my feet "Looks like your friends got the other doors open. We did it!"

The pyramid catches my eye just as the side caves in.

"Looks like we're not done yet"

                                                                                  ~~~~Kate~~~~

Kate's foot slips, Hamet takes the opportunity to kick her right off the balcony. Reaching a hand out she barely grabs the ledge. 

"Now you die!" 

His sword strikes down but his footing escapes him as the balcony cracks and dips down. Sending both of them off the pyramid. The side of the pyramid caves in and they both manage to slide onto a floor level revealed by the rubble. Hamet dives again, just barely escaping more falling rubble. Kate dodges as well but instead makes an attacking leap at Hamet. It misses as he parries the attack. A clash of swords as rubble falls around them before the floor gives way again. The pyramid collapsing in on itself. Most of it destroying the surrounding city scape. Citizens are running in mass away from from the falling debris. Some getting caught under the rubble. The city is shattered with a now sand filled smoke cloud filling up the area.

                                                             ————Matt————

Thomas, Alex and I booked it to the pyramid. Once the side collapsed I knew it wasn't going to be long before the whole thing collapsed. We took cover behind a building as a cloud of smoke filled the streets with more debris. Once it finally settled we spread out looking to help anyone.

"Matt!"

I whipped around to see Stella and Beda. They were being followed by Reebok and Julian with a few other citizens. 

Stella hugged me, happy that I'm in one piece "Have you seen Kate? Is she alright?"

"I haven't. We just got here. You think she survived that?"

"For our sake" Beda stated "She better be."

"Guys!" Donner yelled as he and Worm approached with the dog right on his heels "Kate?"

"Not sure, we haven't seen her" Stella answered.

Cameron and his sister approached us next "There's no way she survived that."

"You'd be surprised" Worm tapped his shoulder "Our captain has been through worse."

Someone shouted "over there" from the crowd. It drew our attention to the now broken stairs leading to the pyramid. A figure kicked a rock down the stairs before seeing everyone. The laugh rings out letting us know exactly who it is.

"You do realize that you all will rebuild this beautiful pyramid for me, right?" Hamet staggers as he walks on the ledge. Looking down at all of us. His clothes are ripped and his skin is covered in scrapes, blood and bruises.

"This is what you get for trying to revolt against me." He points his sword at us "These intruders are to thank for your suffering now. I'll make sure they get the worse punishment possible and I'll do that just for all of you. Your Pharaoh is merciful."

"A pharaoh...you are not" Kate makes her way out of the rubble. Her hand his covering a part of her face. Her eyes are red as the wounds covering her skin are healed. her bruises magically disappearing. She removes her hand as her eyes shift back to normal. "But you are a royal pain in the ass."

In a fit of anger he charges at Kate. Stella's knife flies out, slashing his hand causing him to drop his sword. Kate swiftly kicks his legs out from under him.

He howls out in pain but manages to get up to his hands and knees. His eyes see some of the citizens "Help me...all of you. I've done nothing...but help this city. You should thank me!..." he manages to stand up to his feet. Spits out some blood and turns his attention to Kate "You've destroyed this city. You've ruined it!"

Kate slides her sword back in its sheath "I didn't ruin it. As far as I'm concerned, you ruined it."

He doesn't put up much of a fight as she grips the collar of his shirt with one hand 

"Just get it over with" he says through gritted teeth.

"Your fate isn't going to be decided by me." She shoves him hard. Hamet falls off the ledge right onto the ground. Surrounded by the citizens of Maganti his eyes go wide. The citizens grab at him, his screams are drowned out as he's dragged away disappearing in the massive crowd of citizens. I'm not sure what happens to him after that but I can guess at his gruesome fate.

"Is everyone alright?" Kate walks over to us. 

Stella compulsively hugs her "More then alright! We should be asking you that, you made a damn pyramid collapse!"

The look on Kate's face puzzles me for a minute but it could have been just my eyes playing with me. 

Kate grins "I didn't really mean for it to collapse it just kind of happened."

"Glad it's gone now, thing was eye sore." Julian says and holds out his hand to Kate "I can't thank you enough. All of you have done so much in the past few days that we in Maganti would never dream of accomplishing."

Kate takes his hand and shakes it "It wasn't right what he was doing. We just did what was best."

"I just wish Knightly could have seen this. The boy would have made a fine Pharaoh."

Flora runs up to Julian "Why don't you be Pharaoh, dad?"

He picks her up "I'd be terrible."

"You'd actually be the perfect fit" Beda says "You're one of the first people to help us against Hamet and you believed in everything Knightly wanted."

"These people need someone to lead them and I would certainly choose you." Kate smiles "For now, you think about it and we'll, I guess, help clean up."

"You made the mess, why should we have to clean it up?" Worm states. 

Kate takes hold of his ear "Don't think I didn't see that ship you crashed into the water gate."

"Ow ow ow ow, Donner helped crash it too!" 

Donner grabs his other ear "Which is why we're going to help remove it from the gate."

They both let go leaving Worm upset rubbing his ears.