30. Battle of Maganti (3)

Beda's axe slices into a guards back and shoves him away, he charges the door and finally makes it to the top of the tower. Stella threw three knives, each hitting the guards behind Beda "About time you got up here!"

"Give me your sass later. Did you figure out how to open the gate?"

"These wheels on either side pull open the gate."

Beda put his ax away and grips the wheel. Stella ran to the other side and pulls on the wheel. It didn't even move, plus even Beda is having trouble.

"Come on you piece of shit!" Stella groans. Then a small pair of hands grabs the same wheel as well. Reebok attempts to push the wheel as well. 

Looking over, Julius is helping Beda "Do I have to do all the work?" 

Reebok pushed again. Stella grins, gets a better stance and pushes. More people join on either side till finally the wheels move. Sand brushes aside as huge metal doors slowly open. Cheers ring out as the South Gate is finally opened.

                                                                       ~~~~Donner/Worm~~~~

The whip crackles out from Worm's hand, knocking another guard off the side and into the water below. The dog that Donner found in the pyramid, tackles another guard off the side and cheers with a bark.

"Good boy!" Donner pats him on the head. A huge rumble is heard in the distance. They both look over to the South Gate.

"Guess we're late to the party? Stella and Beda beat us to opening the gate first." Worm takes hold of the wheel in front of him. "Let's not be last!"

Donner runs to the other wheel "Didn't know this was a competition!"

Both of them struggle to budge the wheels.

"Need a few hands?" Cameron and his sister, along with the two other girls they rescued jump off the mast. The girls help Donner and Cameron ran over to Worm.

Worm sighs "Why does he get the girls?"

Cameron pulls on the wheel "Did you not want my help anyway?"

The wheel is a lot harder to push then Worm thought. He's straining trying to budge it "No, no no. You're fine. Please help"

With their combined efforts both the  wheels start moving. Water sways causing the crashed ship to lurch and tip over the people fighting on it. The gate slowly opens. Cheers rang out along with barking. Worm and Donner high five.

They both look over at the North gate. "Alright, show us what you got Matt and Alex."