25. The Fight

The two remaining carriages took a split up ahead. Kate looked over at Stella and Matt and pointed to the right carriage. Stella and Matt then veered towards the carriage that went to the left while Kate went right.

Speeding her horse towards the carriage, she grabbed a hold of the back and leapt off onto the carriage. Making her way towards the front she took out her sword and held it to the drivers throat.

"Stop this carriage now!"

Though she meant it, the driver ignored her and sped the horses up faster. With the end of her sword she knocked him out, took hold of his collar and yanked him off. His body hit the ground rolling. Taking the reins she forced the horses to stop. A sword came through the carriage just barely slicing her arm. 

Taking no chances, she cut the horses lose from the carriage before dodging out of the way of another sword. She dove off the carriage, rolling hard onto the ground. The carriage careened to a stop, tumbling onto one side. Kate got back up to her feet as a few guards crawled out from the carriage. Upon seeing Kate they each took out their whips and swords. One of the guards charged at Kate. She dove under his first attack nearly dodging a whip from the other guard.

Thomas, seemingly coming from nowhere, tossed a shield into the face of a guard. His sword caught the another guards sword just in time. He pushed the guard away and stood next to Kate. Three guards were remaining and they slowly were surrounding Kate and Thomas.

"You get into as much trouble as your father did." Thomas stated. 

"I have a feeling I'm much worse" she parried another sword away.

"Well you're certainly in the running for it." 

"I'll take two you take the last one"

"Sounds good...wait what?" he glanced at Kate.

Before he could say anymore Kate had already ran at the two guards. Dodging each of their whip attacks, she side kicked one then pushed off the other. 

"Don't take your eyes off your enemy!" The last guard shouted at Thomas. He raised his axe up but swiftly was cut down by Thomas.

"How about don't shout at your enemy?" 

Kate dodged an attacked by leaping over a merchant stall. She took a watermelon and bashed it over a guards head before elbowing him out cold. A whip caught her wrist and tugged her through the merchant stand. She swiveled onto her feet, tugged the guards whip pulling him forward. Thusly kneeing him in the face with sickening crack of his bones. 

"Nicely done" Thomas ran over to Kate, picking up his shield that he tossed earlier.

Kate sniffed in the air "Dammit"

She walked over to the downed carriage and climbed on top. 

"What is it?"

"He's not here" Kate crawled down and started looking for any horses near me.

Thomas followed "Who's not here?"

"The Pharaoh" she looked in the direction that Stella and Matt took off in. "He's headed right back to the pyramid."