Chapter Eleven

“WHERE ARE WE GOING?” I ask, pulling my dress over my knees. I didn't know what to wear, so I opted for something plain and simple, a black dress that was bought ages ago, probably while I was still in college.

“Did you have supper?” Blade asks, pulls away from the curb backing up, and then pulls up and puts his code into the gate to open it to leave our gated neighborhood. 

“I ate lunch,”  He grins as if lunch is enough and I probably don't want to eat dinner. Do people eat before they go on dates? Is this a British thing?

“Good. I thought we’d grab a ice cream sundaes and maybe go to a park. Not much of a date, but I’d like to learn more about you and I can’t do that if we’re sitting in a restaurant that is crowded. With ice cream, we can walk and have more privacy." I have never thought about it like that. So why not?

"Serious question, Marvel or DC?" he asks as one eyebrow goes up on his face as he turns to look at me.

"Marvel, Sebastian Stan has a special place in my heart, oh and don't forget about Chris Evans he is a dog boy. Honestly, as soon as he has a family I could picture him having a few more dogs other than Dodger. My favorite Marvel movie so far is Ant-Man. Luis's storytelling is so entertaining. Also, Paul doesn't age." I explain because Paul Rudd is my Marvel crush. He was also in one of my favorite movies, Clueless, but my absolute favorite movie is Love, Rosie. That movie makes me cry, it's a romance movie that makes you want to force soulmates together.

"Oh, a superhero girl. Marvel is my favorite too. I like the X-Men movies the best. Even though they are owned by a different studio, I love Hugh Jackman and if I were to ever leave a woman for a man it would be for Ryan Reynolds," he says as I fix my seatbelt from strangling me.  I smile at the Ryan Reynolds part, so many people that I know have a crush on him. I agree though, but don't think it's the looks I think it's his personality everyone loves. He just doesn't do it for me as other people do.

"Do you like any DC films?" I ask because Robert Pattinson is about to play Batman and I love that man.

"I grew up watching all the original Batman movies but the New DC is absolute garbage. The only thing they have that is actually good is their soundtracks." He answers keeping his eyes on the road. To be fair, I agree. DC decided to throw a bunch of super heroes that don't have their own movie into a movie. There was really no character build up.

"The suicide squad and Aquaman had the best soundtracks. We do not discuss whatever the hell the Justice League movie is in my house." I explain folding my arms together pouting because DC really knows how to write good shows, but horrible movies. What was the second wonder woman movie even about?

"What is your favorite book?" I ask.

"I love the lord of the rings trilogy and I am a huge fan of Steven King and I love this book called The Preacher by Garth Elnnis and Steve Dillion. Irish vampires, it's the male version of twilight." He explains and I laugh.

"If Stephanie Myer wasn't a Mormon they probably would have done it like dogs," I explain, cracking up at my comment because Jacob is the dog.

"What's yours?" He asks.

"I know you are going to probably hate me for being so basic but The Great Gatsby is my favorite book of all time. I read it every year. Other than that I really love mystery novels. I can't stand most of the erotic novels written by middle aged women and men. The way men describe putting a tampon in as pleasurable is when I slam the book down to never read it again."

"That would be like a woman writing a man got aroused by getting kicked in the nuts." I can't stop myself from laughing when he says that.

"Any ex-boyfriends I should be worried about coming back into your life?" My throat closes up as I recall my last good relationship. Cameron and I had been going out for about three years and six months, and we enjoyed each other’s company, finding that we shared many interests. Like he was single and I was single, that's about it. He was abusive when I broke up with him. He leaked my nudes and all of my high school friends saw it. They didn't know it was me, but still. It got to the point the dean of students and even the principal saw it. Well, they found where the picture originally came from, and that I did not take it. He stood out my bathroom window and took photos and videos. To this day I have a kind of glass in my bathroom windows you can not see through when closed. He was the better one out of the two men I have dated.

"No, all my ex's are all in the past," shrugging my shoulders as I say this. 

"Oh, my ex's are in Manchester. So I am not seeing them anytime soon." He laughs and I am uncomfortable talking about my ex's. They are a tough spot in my past. I always end up trusting the wrong men.

Lets hope I can trust him.