Chapter Twenty-One

"Good night my love," my mom says as she lays in the hospital chair.

I wake up again and Thema is there. "Girl, I could have lost you both," she explains, crying.

"Don't you dare do that again?" She says pouting, stomping her feet adds to the dramatic effect.

"I will try not to have a club explode and send the bouncer's chair leg through my arm." I say sarcastically.

"Good," she says, pulling me into a hug.

"How is Thomas?" I ask, because I am super worried he isn't doing so well.

"He is doing good, he lost a lot of blood, a good thing I was a match. I donated some." Even though she has sex with different men she has never caught any transmitted diseases.

"I think mama went home, to be honest." My brows come together in worry. My arm starts to hurt a bit. The bit that is supposed to hurt.

"No, the hospital gave her a room to sleep in. They have been nice to all the bomb victims' families." She looks at my arm that is all wrapped up.

"Do you think there will be a big scar?" she asks, as she looks at the hospital food menu.

"Yes, do you want to order some food? I am hungry, I haven't eaten in like a day and a half." They must have been giving me fluids to help with my hunger because I don't remember eating.

"Yes, I heard they have promising food here." She starts reading off the vegetarian options.

"They have a garden salad, black bean burger, fries, tater tots, they even have that silk milk you like."

"Black bean burger sounds incredible, I want two and a load of fries and ketchup." She dials the number and orders the food from the kitchen downstairs.

"I have never seen you eat two burgers." I laugh because it's kind of funny to me.

"Why are you laughing?" I honestly don't know.

"Because I can." I explained to her.

The food gets brought up on a tray, thirty minutes later. I finish both of the black bean burgers, fries, and three fruit cups. By the end of the meal, I am stuffed.

"I brought you some clothes to change into so you can clean up." I look down at the hospital gown which now has a ketchup stain.

"Can you help me wash up? I honestly can't reach everything with one hand." She gets up to help me and we get into the bathroom that is in the room. It's a walk-in shower with a bench so I sit on the bench and get undressed. We put a cover on my IVs and arm, she grabs the towels and helps me wash dried blood from my sides. My knees scraped, every inch of me feels much better as I get cleaned. We wash my hair; the water turns a brown color due to the ash from the building exploding. I go to look in the mirror and my face has a few cuts, one on the corner of my left cheek and the other on my forehead.

"Damn and your elbows were the only things that got scrapped, that's it. I am glad you didn't get beat up like me," I look over at her and she smiles.

"Yeah, I am glad my injuries are not severe because I can help you and Thomas. " She squeezes out the water from the washcloth and throws it in a hamper.

"How is Trevon?" I ask as I slip into clothes that are a lot more comfortable. A t-shirt and a pair of gym shorts.

"He is completely fine; dad and he are working on finding who did this. It wasn't Sam," she says this, and I doubt it wasn't, it had to be him. Or was that why he called me? Someone is after him and he needs me to do something about it.

"I think he is in trouble; people are tracking him, and he is not safe," I explain, really wanting to be at my desktop computer so I can look at everything. I sigh and then blow my hair out of my face.

"When did the doctor say I could go home?"

"You should be fine enough to go home tomorrow." She says, walking over to fix my pillows and then pouring me another glass of water.

"Please tell my mama you are coming home with me to take care of me because I cannot stay there when things like this are happening. I can't risk their lives." She nods and calls my mama.

My mama tries to insist on doing it for me and even offers to stay at my place. Thema has a way of talking to her which she agrees to not come home with me. We used the excuse the boys are supposed to do their boy scout stuff and she is and has been since I was a little girl, she has always been scouting leader.

"Yes, mama Divya." She makes a kissing noise and hangs up.

"There. Now all you have to do is get better." She puts her phone back in her purse and grabs out her lip gloss. She puts some on and then looks at me.

"By the way, the cops have your phone as evidence it was destroyed probably during the exploration." I don't freak out because I have it all backed up.

"When you leave to go home today, can you pick me up a new phone? Here is my card and I have a warranty. I almost upgraded my phone last week thank goodness I didn't." She takes my card and grabs out her wallet to put it in.

"I will also tell dad what you think is going on, it makes sense." She walks over to hug me and leaves to go and visit her brother because he should be out of surgery.

She leaves and I turn on the news, hoping not to see anything from that explosion. Thankfully the news reporter is just reporting a heatwave and to stay inside. A heatwave in Arizona is hell on earth and this hospital will be crawling with people suffering from heatstroke and or being overworked. Tomorrow when I go home, I am going to take a nice bubble bath and listen to some kind of music that makes me feel comfortable. Probably a lot of the Weeknd, Ariana Grande, and Selena Gomez. I get out of bed to go pee. My head starts to feel like it is spinning, and I almost fall on my way there. I hit the nurse button as soon as I finished going pee. That is when I notice the trail of blood in the bathroom. The bandages are drenched in red sticky blood, and I start to cry. The nurse comes barreling into the bathroom.

"Doctor, come quick." My vision blurs and I can see a somewhat silhouette of the doctor.

"We need to get her back on the operating table. Stat." They carry my lifeless feeling body and give me something because the world fades away quickly.