10 - Shitty day

(Sorry for no dates in since October, I have been writing but was never happy with anything I wrote, then ran into another issue there was too many drafts and it was dreadful, and i simply felt drained by it all. I want to make uses of some of it. I have chapter 11 done, will post when I fix chapter 12 and from this point on Michael's pov will be in first person.)

Michael's pov

In the middle of the day, after meeting, I dropped a box onto the prize counter, glaring at over at Camila, who leaned against the counter with her head in her hands, looking endlessly bored. Her eyes fixed on the surrounding people, mainly pre-teens and teenagers. All looking so awed and amazement with games galore around them with bright light simmering and flashing, and the haunting smell of pizza from outside of the area. Its lingering presence by the entranceway of the arcade area lured some of the younger children to the main area.

"You know, if the prices were lower, I'd have more to do." She sighed, pushing herself up and sided eyeing me. Huff of air escaped her lips as she ran her hand through her brown hair.

"You forgot this out near the delivery area. Don't do it again, please. I'm not dealing with this shit today. So do your job properly or I'll having to write you up." I grumbled out. Hey, do this. It will be easy. Well, easy my ass, it wasn't easy. From doing other people's jobs and doubling how own duties to fill in for the lack of employees in the arcade area. It has proven itself too much for me, but money was money.

"What crawled up your dick today? It was an honest mistake. Those boxes are heavy to carry and so imagine, little ol' me, carrying all of those boxes. In my tiredness, I forgot. It won't happen again." She teasingly frowned, sounding very much playful, like she wasn't about to get me into trouble for her inability to just be smarter, but what did I expect from her? "In all fairness, Half the crap in them are cheap gadgets and toys that will end up living under some kid's bed forever forgotten, broken after an hour, or lives on the selves behind us like these stupid little hand puppets of all the characters."

"I don't care." I rolled my eyes. "You should really take my warnings seriously."

"Aw, but I know you are a softie." She bumped hips with me, her clearly messing with me with that flirty face of hers. I hated when she did that the hip bump. A telltale sign of her playfulness and her not taking anything with some seriousness. "If I knew you were going to be a grump today, I'd be more forgetful."

"You forget where you work." I warned, shooting a glare at her. "Please be mindful of your actions." With that, I was about to walk off.

"Alright, boss." She grinned. "If you don't mind me saying, you seem very tense, trouble in paradise or is being under paid finally getting to you?" Camila hummed.

I stopped with my chest tightening, my lowering to the ground and my head scrambling even more. I turned. Seeing her in her careless state of just pure, nothing but fun and games. She was too calm and too friendly with me to even at all be her boss. Never been his thing. Being a boss. She looked at me fully with her regular playfulness. "It's nothing, just the same bullshit different day."

"How was this morning's meeting? Is anything important? Or just the same problem different day."

"Nothing really. I wasn't really listening to know much. Just that new stuff is being implemented over the next couple of weeks and some unimportant changes. Meaning, cutting corners and shady practices. You know, all good business things."

"I have a suggest, since you are my boss and you should listen to my suggestions and concerns." She shifted, lifting herself from the counter to lean with one hand against the counter.

"Your suggestion is a whispered to a wall. It won't do anything." I reminded her, knowing I couldn't do shit. I had no power. Just a silly title with nothing tied to it. Shit job, so it didn't really matter how it I got it and it would've been better if he got it than someone more qualified to do it. A waste of skills, really.