16 - Telling

(Y/n)'s pov

What was Roselyn planning? Why has been hang around with Michael's parents recently? Shopping with his mother and now having coffee with her dad. How does Michael nor anyone around her not see that as a bit weird? Like, clearly she's doing something to keep around Michael by being a sweeting everyone around him.

trying to force herself into his parents lives as way to taunt Michael? Even if he wanted her gone, at this rate, she's only doing more damage than good whatever she doing.

"Earth to idiot." Richard snapped me out of my train of thought.

"I'm not an idiot." I realise my food was in front of me, a burger and chips, with a glass of coke, as my mother was checking out a shop. She was so carefree and bright, smiling, which I rarely ever saw her be these days. Happy. Genuinely happy. She was gushing on about hobbies of her, her past activities and generally things that she never spoke about since father went to the hospital. She died as he died. I believed she died before he did, but kept herself going with a fake smile and a shred of hope that he'd get better.

Richard sat with me, keeping an eye on me, as I dug into my food, with my note book sitting to the side of me with a whole new pencil set.

"She seems too happy." I pointed out, cleaning around my mouth with my sleeve. It was a good thing. Just an odd thing to see. "I never heard her talk so much about anything in last few years."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"Of course." I smiled. "I'm glad she's having fun."

"Are you not?" Richard asked, cleaning his with mouth with a handkerchief.

"I'm having fun it's just." For a moment I looked away. "A lot is on my mind, and I'm worried." I fiddled with my glass, running my finger around the rim of the glass and flicking my straw around in the cup.

"Did something happen?"

"I don't know. I wasn't told, that's why I'm worried." I sighed, bringing the straw to my lips, before taking a long sip from my drink. Michael was so out of it this morning, quiet and reserved, snappy almost. It was fine, me and Max were talking until Michael woke up and he was just ignoring us for the most part. No nothing, but grumbles and him wanting to be alone.

He kicked me and Max out of his house after we bothered him but were only trying to help him. He wasn't having it and we kept pushing his buttons, when he already told us to leave him alone. We wanted his attention, help him and I. Well, I wanted a kiss or just a hug before I went to get dress. No breakfast, no hug, good morning kisses, or even a good morning. Nothing but him being moody. Maybe I came off to strong, maybe but I just wanted to show him that I was there for him.

I wasn't upset by his rudeness but, was a bit confused considering he chose to be sandwiched between me and max on the couch but he so moody about that as well. His problems shouldn't concern me but I should at least know how to make him feel better or know what was wrong with him to help him feel better.

"It's nothing, I shouldn't worried about it as it doesn't concern me." I backed out of telling him anything, knowing Michael disliking to sheriff.

"your mother invited me to have dinner Tomorrow with her and you. That is if you are going to be around. She told me you been in and out of the house all week." I caught what Richard was trying to do. Was he really trying to replace my father? Absolutely not. Why was my mother inviting him for a family dinner tomorrow. Sunday was going to be me and her day. Why was she inviting other people for? She has some nerves doing that, especially when I didn't want Richard around. He's whatever outside but it's a different matter completely when he was in my home chatting and teasing my mother. That was a personal attack, and an insult.