Vigilante

Kenny could no longer sit by as violence and darkness took over the streets. He had lived in South Park all his life and worked to rid the city of crime as the masked vigilante, Mysterion. He kept his identity secret to become the symbol the town needed.

To them, I'm just an ordinary restaurant owner, but tonight, I am Mysterion.  

When he wasn't keeping careful watch over the city, Kenny could be found at DikinBaus. He had recently founded the brewery along with his partner Cartman. Cartman was more the visionary and traveled across the world to find the best flavor combinations and drafts while Kenny took a more hands-on role and operated as restaurant manager.

He had a coy sense of humor and was a natural-born ladies' man, but he was nothing other than serious when he donned the mask.

Mysterion worked with the police by catching criminals and bringing them to incarceration. While it's true, he believed some criminals didn't deserve mercy, if he gave in to killing them he was no better than his adversaries. He let the justice system decide their fate. He had to trust that there was some good in his town.

Tonight there was disruption in the air, he could feel it.

...

You step on light feet like a shadow through the night.

By day you were Y/N, the outgoing waitress at the popular brewery, DikinBaus. You had a soft spot for those in need and spent some of your days off volunteering. By night you let your dark heart roam free.

Each time you took a life, you felt a bit more whole... For a little while anyway.

Having lost your family years ago, you struggled to find your purpose in life. You had drifted through existence unable to find meaning, weighted down by the guilt of losing them.

You were twelve when it happened. Two low-level gang members smashed the windows late at night and your dad ordered you to hide. You watched from the cracked door of the downstairs closet as the men held your parents at gunpoint in the living room.

Your dad was a county judge, a good guy in the wrong line of work, and made a lot of dangerous enemies. The two men threatened him to throw out the case the state had on their gang leader but your dad wouldn't compromise his integrity. He was a hero down to the bone.

Your hero.

He kept his guns in the back of the closet and with good intentions and a pounding heart, you reach for the loaded revolver. The weight of it was heavy in your hands emphasizing how much power it had to change a life. You were at the perfect angle to shoot the bad guys and save your parents. Your hands shook and your breathing increased.

Killing people is wrong. Dad always says that.

You lower the gun unable to go through with it. The second you did, the men had grown tired of your father's resistance and shot them both. It was a trauma you would never be able to shake no matter how many therapists' offices you walked in and out of.

When your father was alive, the two of you bonded over hunting trips and he taught you everything you know. He had you start by practicing on invasive rats. They were small but fast-moving targets that you found challenging as a beginner, but he held you to high standards believing you were capable.

"Dad, they're too fast I keep losing them, I can't make the shot!"

"You're not thinking right." He shook his head and stood behind you, adjusting your grip on the gun.

"Put yourself in the shoes of their natural enemy, vipers. Would their speed stop a viper? No, vipers strike with precision, with accuracy. A viper can't afford to make a mistake."

You hold steady and aim ahead, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. You calm yourself, inhaling, channeling the aforementioned snake. When you exhale you hit the creature head on and your face lit up.

"I did it!"

"You sure did! Atta girl! You keep this up you'll make a great hunter someday."

And he was right, you had become the best. You were the deadliest assassin in the country with a rifle but the regret of not seizing that moment of courage that would have saved your parents twisted through your conscience.

You could never go back in time to save them so you bounce from state to state making sure other killers of the innocent never take that moment away from you again. You were going to restore balance more effectively than your father ever could with the law.

You lay on your stomach on the rooftop of the Tower of Peace in Little Tokyo with your sniper rifle propped up near the edge. You had your crosshairs set on Stephen Stotch's paranoid face as his white sedan rolled down the street. You inhale.

"Target practice?"

An imposing figure stood over you. You curse under your breath as the car turns a corner out of view.

Kenny

"Viper," He rasped, "This man is a pillar in the community."

The attractive villainess stood to her feet and sauntered over to him, her face menacingly close to his.

"For your information, this man just stabbed a male hooker to death."

"Then leave him to me."

"Why? So you can bring him safely to the station? So he can get bailed out by his in-denial wife?"

She scoffed, "Just whose side are you on exactly?"

"Justice. The city needs my help. It cries for protection, and I will answer the call to save her."

"Nice sentiment if it were true. Justice doesn't exist in a town like this. Killing is better assurance that they won't come back."

Mysterion's expressions were often hard to discern. Most of his face was concealed by a black mask and a hood that cast his face in shadows leaving only his mouth and jaw exposed. Mysterion never smiled. Not that there was much to be happy about in this line of work.

"You can't decide who lives or dies, no matter how much they deserve it."

She reached for her rifle by the strap and slung it over her shoulder.

"This is getting old. This 'play by the rules', 'let justice be served' bullshit."

He grabbed her arm and she tried in vain to jerk it away from his vice-like grip.

"Why don't you just fuck off! It's none of your business."

Viper's identity was arguably more concealed than his as she too wore a hood that hid her hair. Her mask covered only her mouth and left her (fav color) contact-colored eyes exposed. It was by the furrow of her brow that he could tell she was growing increasingly more volatile.

"It is when you kill civilians. I can't allow a villain to run loose in my city."

She rolled her eyes dramatically. "I'm a villain now?"

"Cut the attitude, you're coming with me."

She raised her fist to him but he stopped her effortlessly. Mysterion could admit that she was a formidable foe at a farther range but he could out-do her easily in close combat. In true villain fashion, she played dirty.

He swore as she kneed him in the crotch and took off running. He grunted in pain clenching his teeth and watched her jump to the next rooftop, slinking away into the night.

While Viper was no supervillain, she was quickly becoming a greater threat.

_________________________

A Mysterion Playlist is in the link in my bio💚💜

I'll do my best to upload every other day🙏

Also how do we feel about this one?