Consideration

"The usual Mr. Loogie?"

Kenny listened in on the mob boss's conversation with Y/N at his usual table.

"Yes sweetheart, but I'm gonna need it to go okay?"

Mysterion was given an anonymous tip that the DP oil executive was in danger and that Loogie and his men were behind it. Tonight was the night he'd take them out.

Loogie puffed on his cigar heavily looking stressed. "I'm a very busy man tonight. As much as I'd love to stay and see your pretty little face, I ain't got no time."

"Of course sir, I'll be right back."

The sooner Loogie was behind bars the sooner Kenny would be able to breathe and never see him around Y/N again.

...

The moon was clouded in the backdrop as Mysterion jumped from building to building to get to the Peppermint Hippo, a strip club the mob frequented. He knew for sure they would be there tonight to discuss the plan to kill the executive.

Mysterion silently and swiftly slipped into the VIP lounge through an open window and stood confidently before the mob. Loogie rolled his eyes and pulled a gun from his hip. His cronies all followed suit and cocked their guns. The women servicing them screamed and ran out of the room as Mysterion blocked the doorway.

"Mysterion huh?" He smiled, "I figured you'd find out sooner or later. You're a real pain in the neck you know that?"

"Justice shows no mercy. Why should I?"

His grip on the gun relaxes. "Mercy?" He laughs heartily. "You think I'm asking you to back down?"

His laugh soon fades into a threatening look. "I ain't askin'. I'm telling."

Loogie takes a shot at Mysterion hitting him square in the shoulder. He flees to the dark recesses of the room swearing as the henchmen swarm him.

He pushed through the debilitating pain and began to take down as many men as he could landing and taking punches rapidly.

"This isn't your usual M.O. Loogie," Mysterion huffed between punches, "It's evil."

"Ouch," he mocks, "you've really touched me kid, how will I ever sleep tonight?"

"If I'm not your worst nightmare I aspire to be."

...

Of course Mysterion would be here. 

You looked down through the vents of the strip club you were hiding in. You would never just burst into a room and expect to come out unscathed. You couldn't understand why he always fought like he had nothing to lose.

It was so reckless, so stupid, and so... hot.

As much as he frustrated you, the way his teeth clenched and muscles flexed during battle stirred something in you. You were only human after all. You shake your head lamenting his poor decision-making skills and hope that he stays out of your way.

The boss settled into a singular chair closer to the action, lighting up another cigar, and watched Mysterion take blow after blow.

"Mysterion, you're outnumbered. Be a good boy and get the hell out of here before I decide to stop bein' nice."

His words only seemed to fuel Mysterion's fire. He was distracting the boss allowing you to catch him steadily in your crosshairs.

The hero had more gusto than you expected. Within a few more minutes he stood huffing over the pile of bodies on the floor, each knocked out cold, but Loogie kept his calm. Anyone was replaceable to a man like him.

Mysterion tackles him to the floor, knocking the cigar out of his hands and grabs him by his collar.

"Where's the DP executive! What have you done!"

"You're too late," he chuckles, "He's done for. Gonzo. Caput. My man just filled me in an hour ago."

You kept your eyes focused through the scope. You could have shot Loogie or Mysterion at any point now, but your curiosity was piqued and you listened in further.

He laughs louder watching Mysterion's defeated face fall. "And the best part? A hundred million dollars are sitting pretty in my Swiss bank account. Untouchable. Untraceable. Face it Mysterion, you lose."

Mysterion's fury begins to manifest but before he can act on it, you take your shot. Mysterion releases his hold on the boss and ducks, his eyes darting across the room trying to find out where the shot came from.

"The guy told me about you," Loogie chokes, "said you'd be trouble."

Blood gurgles in his throat as he mutters his last words before dying with a smile on his face. "I know your secret."

Whatever dirt he had on Mysterion wouldn't die with him. His client knew the secret. God knows who else knows it too.

That's what he gets for parading around.

You shuffle through the vent eventually popping out of the hatch and landing gracefully into the VIP room on your feet before a stunned Mysterion. A mobster on the floor beside you gains consciousness and grabs onto your heel. You swiftly pull out a knife and throw it into the back of his hand, freeing you.

Another man barrels toward Mysterion's turned back and you send another knife flying into his eye with a sickening squelch. He cries out and falls to his knees while you grab Mysterion's wrist and lead him out the back door and onto the roof.

You weren't sure why you were helping him, only that the both of you needed to be gone before the police arrived.

Kenny

"You could have been hurt," he said sternly, "what were you thinking?"

Viper crossed her arms and shifted on her hip.

"A 'thank you' would be nice. Besides, I'm not the one covered in bruises."

She gestured to his torso. Luckily he was able to avoid any blows to his face but she was right, he could feel the bruises forming across his stomach and side.

"Messing with the mob is dangerous. The rest of them will come for you when they see what happened."

"Last time I checked, only one of them saw my eyes and he's now one-eye short," she laughed, "So I doubt he's seen much."

"It's not funny. You need to leave the rest to me."

"I'm getting sick of you treating me like a damsel in distress!"

"Then don't be one."

"Fuck you! You don't know what I'm like in my daily life. You don't know anything about me!"

"And you don't know anything about me either," he snapped.

"I have the capacity to handle near-death experiences and come out standing. You don't. I don't want to be your babysitter."

The police sirens sound off in the distance heading towards the club. Viper turned bitterly lowering her voice.

"Then don't be one."

She bound off into the night leaving him with a strange feeling of longing. He didn't need protection from death but what she did for him was... considerate.

Since when did she become nice to me?

He quickly put the thought out of his mind. Viper and him were not the same. There was nothing between them but distaste.

____________________

I'm so sorry this took so long! Stuff has been crazy!