Misunderstanding

You knock carefully on Chaos' door.

"Sorry Coon, I gotta go!" He says turning off the telecom and letting you in.

"Viper! I'm so glad you came! Listen uh, I need you to do me a favor..."

"Oh? What favor?"

He puts his two index fingers together shyly. "I need you to bring me Mysterion. Alive. Pretty please."

You decide to play dumb to see if you could get any more information than you'd previously heard from him. You shift onto your hips confidently, "And why is that?"

"Well see there's this other supervillain, The Coon, and he said he could unleash mayhem on the world if I bring him Mysterion."

"Why would he need Mysterion to do that?"

"I don't know, he wouldn't tell me. I can't do it by myself so I'm asking you, Viper, if you could do it for me. You don't have to kill him or anything, nothing violent, honest!"

Kenny

Kenny clung to the ceiling listening in on the conversation.

He knew The Coon. He'd fought him before and he was a formidable rival but he had been M.I.A. for months now. Mysterion had a bad feeling about this situation. The Coon was a visionary, whatever he was planning was big.

The question on everyone's mind was why he wanted Mysterion captured.

Could it have something to do with my immortality?

The Coon had seen him die before and still appear on the streets the next day. Mysterion told the Coon his eyes were just playing tricks on him and that he really didn't die. But the Coon was smarter than he looked.

Mysterion needed to learn more about where his powers came from if this was the case. He made a mental note to dig deeper later. For now, he watched Viper purse her lips, contemplating the offer.

"I'll do it."

Of course she would, why would I expect any less from her.

...

"Kenny baby," Mercedes purred over his office desk, "You know my New Year's party is coming up. Are you going to come again this year?"

The way she said 'come' used to make him hard, but ever since Y/N came into the picture, he only had eyes for her.

"Can I bring a date?"

"I'll be at the party," she winked, "don't worry."

"No, I meant Y/N."

Mercedes couldn't hide her disdain and her words came out jumbled together, "I already asked Y/N, and she said no."

Kenny's face fell as she continued to ramble on about the inventory at the brewery. Unable to keep Y/N off his mind, he texted her.

Kenny😈: y arent u going?

Kenny😈: whats so important?

Y/N💕: its just personal stuff. I think I made a decision I regret.

Kenny😈: wat kind? Its not life or death is it?

Y/N💕: kinda

Y/N💕: it feels like it

Kenny😈: forget it for a night