Chapter 1: The Hunter

The night was pleasantly cool. Silver moonlight was seeping through the treetops of the cemetery alleys, creating patches of light on the ground and tombstones. The shadows took the shapes of monsters, which would keep 10-year-old boys awake.

The trick was to distinguish - what was just a shadow...

The gate of the old fence creaked...

A peculiar figure appeared on one of the cemetery paths. Its steps were so quiet that it seemed as if it was walking on air.

A stray soul who would wander into the cemetery at this hour would most likely consider this sight to be a hallucination.

After all, in the twenty-first century, you don't see men in black leather jackets with two swords crossed on their backs. When the man stepped out of the circle of light, only his eyes could be seen in the darkness.

Incredibly dark eyes with an occasional green reflex in them.

For Jungkook every graveyard looked the same. Tombstones above, and corpses below the ground...

On a daily basis, there was nothing out of the ordinary about the cemeteries. Only occasionally, like tonight, something happened that required Jungkook's intervention. In this cemetery, he had only a routine check to take care of.

He turned his steps to the alley with new gravesites. When he entered the path he was a bit surprised by the amount of fresh graves, but none of those feelings was shown on his cold, stable face.

Jeeze! How many people were buried yesterday? - just a fast thought crossed his mind.

Out of boredom, he was reading the names on the tombstones, moving forward. Finally, he reached the freshly dug ground, with withered flowers and garlands. The simple name tag was sticking in place.

Kim Yeonseo.

Well... Kim Yeonseo...- Jungkook thought. - For too long I've been in this profession to think someone will come for you - He sighed with a bit of regret. - Seriously, couldn't he just kill you? - he asked the dead girl in his head.

He was standing there not moved at all by the creepy sounds coming from all directions in a place where only silence should be present.

Finally...

From under the ground, a muffled pounding came.

'Good evening...' Jungkook whispered and smirked.

It took a moment of crackles and desperate screams, before a hand, dirty from the ground and blood, sprung above the withered flowers, trying to grab anything.

Young ones were always unnecessarily strong...

He pulled one of the swords from the scabbard on the back. The swishing sound echoed through the cemetery. He smiled lightly, it was a bit sick, but he loved that sound.

That's why he was using the sword more often, although the stake was less conspicuous.

The hand was furiously and desperately digging out the ground and tearing up the wreaths.

Jungkook swept his eyes around the cemetery to make sure no one was waiting for the girl. He lowered his sword and waited.

After a few minutes from the hole in the ground, a dirty, almost grotesque smeared makeup, face appeared. The creature let out a shrill scream and struggled with all its might to get out.

'Goodbye, Yeonseo...' Jungkook whispered and cut off the head of something that 3 days ago was still a human, with one swift movement.

The head rolled away on the path and began to shrink and crumble by itself until it became only a speck of dust on the graveyard's alley. The same thing happened with the body still half in the grave.