Chapter 10: Sacred Blood

A week with so many events for both of them put Jimin and Jungkook into a really gloomy and dangerous mood.

Jungkook strictly said they are going back to "normal" as it never happened and Jimin was more than happy to agree with him.

So they returned to hard practice, before going into the city.

Honestly speaking... Jimin thought Jungkook was lazing around lately. When they were roaming around the night streets in the warm summer air, he was just pointing out from time to time when he noticed something suspicious. Then he was just looking at Jimin demandingly...

And when Jimin was "taking care" of naughty vampires, Jungkook was just annoyingly unbothered, checking his nails, or scrolling his phone or getting interested in dirt on the pavement.

So after a week Jimin had already 4 vampires on his account. 3 addicts and one who was making too much shitshow around the street just after the sunset, bringing too much attention to himself. He didn't kill the woman he was feeding himself on, but he didn't hypnotize her either.

She was alive when they reached her. Barely alive.

Jungkook looked at her with a sad face.

'She lost too much blood...' he sighed. With two holes in her neck the bleeding was too severe. She was already unconscious and her pulse was barely there.

'Can't we do anything?!' Jimin asked.

Jungkook shook his head.

'You can call the ambulance. She will be dead before they reach.' he whispered, and pressed the handkerchief to the wound.

'I should have killed him slower! He didn't deserve such a fast death!' Jimin growled.

He kneeled next to the woman and held her hand. It was still warm but didn't react.

'We were too late...' Jimin said sadly.

'It is not the first time I was too late... It's not your last either...' Jungkook said and took out the phone with his free hand. 'I have a victim.' he gave someone an address. 'If you will be fast enough maybe you will be able to do something, but there is a minor chance... The vein is open. Yeah. I will wait.'

'Who was it?' Jimin asked, looking at the face.

'Cleaners. The Firm has the branch that is focusing on cleaning when Hunter makes a mess. They also take care of victims like this one. If they can be saved they treat them in the Firm's ambulatory, tell them some story and pretend it was just a nightmare and trauma, cause they were attacked. Some of the strong victims are listed later on the Firm's list... and few even became hunters.'

Jimin frowned.

'If they are dead, they take care of the body in some gentle way, so it won't look like vampires attack. And leave it somewhere so the police will find it... and the family won't need to wonder for eternity if the person is alive or dead.' Jungkook explained.

They waited around 15 minutes before a black van stopped near.

First the driver got out and opened the side doors for the other guy in white mask, gloves and doctor's robe.

'Hold it.' Jungkook said to Jimin and stood up. He approached the driver.

They patted the fronts and backs of their palms and made a fist bump in a strange handshake.

'What are you doing here, Taehyun?' Jungkook asked.

'Securing...' Taehyun pointed with his thumb to the guy behind him.