CHAPTER 11 | 11 Gun shots

3 PESRON POV

Veronica sat outside her Abuelo's Study, staring blankly at the wall as tears streamed down her face. She felt absolutely hopeless and alone, like she was drowning in a sea of despair. The thought of facing another day without her Abuelo filled her with dread and fear, and she couldn't shake the feeling that everything was against her. She felt like she was trapped in a never-ending nightmare, and she didn't know how to escape.

She tried so desperately not to make a sound to alert the three men now standing in front of Abuelo's body.

She had to place a hand over her mouth to silence to heartbreaking sob.

It felt as if she could not breathe.

It felt as if she could not move.

It felt as if the last part of her soul was Damaged.

Veronica's POV

terrified.

/ˈtɛrɪfʌɪ/

Definition - cause to feel extreme fear.

I was shaking uncontrollably, My Abuelo is gone.

And Its my fault, I couldve moved and done something.

Why didnt i move?!

My thoughts are cut off by the middle man's voice.

"Uccidi tutti in casa." He orders, and the other two men standing nod and make they're way to the door.

I gasp silently, and get up shakily. What do I do?

I ran.

I ran out of the house.

And I hid behind one of Abuelo's cars.

Im a coward.

The next thing i know Im hearing gunshots and screaming.

So much screaming

ONE

TWO

THREE

FOUR

FIVE

SIX

SEVEN

EIGHT

NINE

TEN

ELEVEN.

Thats how many shots I hear. Eleven shots.

Meaning eleven Innocent people are dead, thanks to my cowardice.

Why would they hurt my Abuelo and all those people? They were all innocent!

Multipull thought pass through my head, until I see the three men exiting the mansion.

I just hide behind abuelos car, hoping not to get caught.

I take one last peek and I see that the two younger ones that was originally by the side of the middle man, are now sitting in a black car, while The middle man just stares at the house before muttering one thing and leaving.

"Ti troveremo, angelo mio."

I hear the car drive off in a fast pace. After what felt like ten minutes, I finally have enough courage to step out of my hiding spot, and make my way into the house.

Red.

All I see is red, blood covers the walls and floors, of what used to be a white marble.

As I take more steps into the house, there's dead bodies.

Eleven all together, some maids, some cooks, and the rest guards.

I felt sick.

But then an Idea pops into my head.

Uncle Diego.

I can remember seeing a phone book in Abuelo's study.

My eyes go wide and I dash into his study, trying to not look at my grandfather's dead body, I run behind the desk and start searching frantactly for the phone book,

I search the second draw and i see the thick book full of numbers.

I check the 'D' section and I see Uncle Diego's, full name, address, and phone number.

I grab the phone standing on Abuelo's desk and I dial Uncle's number.

Come on! Answer!

It rings for a long time until he finally answers.

"Hello, father" he says.

"Uncle, Diego! I need your help, Please Abuelo is dead! Please come back!"

"Veronica, are you okay?" he asks calmly.

"Yes! Im fine, but Abuelo isnt. Please come back!"

"Im coming, Veronica." he says.

With that the line cuts, and I run to my bedroom, and lock my door.

Please hurry up, Uncle.

~~~

Thank you for reading!!

~ anya ~