CHAPTER 24 | The Second Ball

TRIGGER WARNING - SA

Veronica's POV

The sky is tar-black and the large clouds cover the sky like a blanket. I can hear a tapping on the window and then it becomes a pitter-patter.

The Second Ball is tonight.

"It's fine" I reassure myself, fixing my hair.

No, it isn't. Why do I have a bad feeling about tonight?

Looking at my watch, I frown.

I'm not sure what Spiders planning tonight, but I dont think it's anything good.

I unlock the door and walk out of my bathroom. Without even watching where I'm going, I bump into someone. I stumble back and look up to see who it is.

I furrow my eyebrows, "Noah?" He is wearing a black Armani tux, because the colour theme to Spiders Ball is black.

He looks at me apologetically, "Sorry, I should've watched where I was going but what are you doing here?"

I look at him judgingly, "Well, it is my bathroom." I say, like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"No, not that, I mean, why are you still here, Marcus and I have been waiting in the car for a fucking hour." he says annoyed.

"You go on, take the car, I will meet you there." I say fixing my mascara.

"What?! How are you getting there?" He asks, confused.

I finish touching up my makeup and turn to Noah smirking. "It's a surprise."

He just sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose, "allright, see you there."

As he is about to walk out of my room, he turns around slowly and looks me in the eyes, "Hey V, call me if you need me, yeah?" He looks genuine.

One life lesson, No one in this world is genuine, it's all a mask.

You can't trust anyone.

"Got it," I respond, with a small smile he leaves, and gently closes my door.

I can hear the SUV leaving, and I sigh, I look into the mirror and I slowly slide my hands down my fluffy black coat.

With one last look, I exit my room and walk into the garage.

I pull the silk black covers and throw them on the ground, revealing my shiny, black motorbike, I glide a hand over the leather seat, and smirk to myself.

See you soon, Spider.

~~~

I finally arrive at Spider's place, staring at his white mansion.

Mine's better.

I look around seeing men with their arms around their petite wife's shoulders, everyone wearing bland, black suits, and boring, black dresses.