CHAPTER 33 | The Reaper

Veronica's POV

Veronica's POV

I have always wondered, If I ever had a family.

A father, siblings, Aunties and uncles, the whole shabang.

But the only family that I have ever known was mum and Abuelo.

I'm not complaining, mum did an amazing job raising me.

She was a loving mum, she was a nurturing and caring individual who demonstrated affection, support, and guidance towards me.

She embodied qualities of compassion, selflessness, and devotion in her role as a mother.

Mum was a person who would do anything for anyone, she possessed an unwavering sense of empathy, selflessness, and an innate desire to help others. Mum was driven by her moral compass and values, which guided her to consistently put her needs of others before her own.

Mum was often described as altruistic, compassionate, and kind-hearted.

I never had any siblings to share that same kind of motherly love.

I never had a father figure to help and care for me.

I never had a real family.

I never questioned mum about having siblings or a father, because she was all I needed, but that doesnt mean I never wondered.

Maybe he died when I was younger, or perhaps ran away when I was a baby.

Who knows.

I am currently sitting down in my office, with Uncle Diego sitting in front of me, fidgeting with his hands.

After yesterday's incident with the Sanches family, I wanted to ask Uncle Diego, about if he knew anything about my father.

I stare at him about to ask my first question when he cuts me off.

"You were taken as a kid," he blurts out.

Hold on what?

My body leans forward. "What did you just say?" I was taken as a kid?

He scratches the back of his neck, "That your mother kidnapped you from your father, when you were three years old."

I look at him in disbelief. He looks away nervously. "You know what Uncle. For a Mafia leader, I really thought you could do better with bringing up news like this."

"Look, I'm nervous. You're an unpredictable kid. You're scary."

I roll my eyes and sigh before the realisation hits me, "Wait- why did mum take me from Giovanni?" I say, not wanting to call him dad.

He was never my dad, and never will be.

Diego sighs before sitting back comfortably in his chair, "She never said, everytime I mentioned it to her, she would avoid the subject."