CHAPTER 43 | Arrested

Veronica's POV

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Veronica's POV

The Past is a Parasite.

It plagues you when you're at your weakest and plans to ruin you.

When you finally release a breath of relief in a horror movie, that's when the scare comes, isn't it?

And you don't see it.

Because you just want to be happy for once.

Ricardo's funeral is tomorrow, and the Roman's ball is the day after that.

Roman called me earlier to say, he sent some of his best spies to investigate where The Morroto's might be hiding.

Gia invited me to go to the cafe and I immediately accepted.

I am currently parking my car and making last minute touches to my makeup and hair.

I step out of the car and lock it, without looking both ways I cross the road, without a care in the world.

I look behind me as I step onto the sidewalk, only to see a woman, old and frail, standing on the sidewalk looking at the road. She watches as cars pass by, but none stop to let her cross. She stands there, waiting, probably hoping someone will take pity on her and stop to let her cross.

The cars continue to pass by her, leaving her standing there, alone, in the cold, waiting for someone to stop and help her across her.

I huff annoyed at the rude cars and walk back across to the other side, she looks at me, confused. But I give her a small smile, causing her to smile back sweetly in return.

I'm glad I could make her smile, even if it was just a little one. I know how it feels to be ignored and dismissed, and I don't want anyone to feel that way. I make sure to hold her hand as we cross the street together, making sure she's safe. As we get to the other side, I can see the relief on her face, and I know that I've done something good for her today.

I let go of her hand but She smiled sweetly at me and took my one hand in both of hers gently, "Thank you, Say would you come get a cup of tea with me?" She asks kindly.

I frown before pulling my phone out of my pocket and checking the time. I am quite early to meet with Gia anyway. I sigh but smile "Sure."

She smiles happily and walks beside me, before linking our arms together as we walk to the cafe. We make an order and sit down in comfy chairs.

She stares at me for a while, "A strong woman doesn't plan revenge, my dear, she moves on and lets karma do her dirty work."

I tilt my head at the random old lady.

Old people always think I'm planning the biggest murder of all time. But she isn't wrong so I can't be mad about that.

"I'm not planning revenge," I say, truthfully. I've already planned my revenge. Even if I didn't, I would never plan it at a cafe.

Damaged Diabla ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें