Dancing In The Rain 🌧️🌧️

Music recommendation :

To Build A Home by The Cinematic Orchestra and Patrick Watson.

-----------------------------------------------------------

At Hybe's rooftop, you were sitting down and just enjoying the rain.

(A/n : There's shelter on top of you, so you're not wet.)

You had a tiring day. Don't get it wrong. You love your job, but it's too much sometimes.
Being an idol is really really hard. And what makes it worse is that you can't show that something's wrong, you always have to show a perfect image.

Perfect in every single thing you do. It's almost like you're being judged just by your walking or breathing.
That makes you put more and more pressure on yourself to do better and better. And you feel like you're never satisfied with yourself.

Lost in thoughts, you didn't hear the door open until that person tapped your shoulder, making you flinch. You turned around to see Jay.
You bowed and greeted him, he's your senior after all.

Jay : Hey, I told you no need to be so formal with me. Mind if I join you?

Y/n : No, go ahead. Sorry, it's a habit.

You said as he sat beside you.

Jay : It's ok, I just want you to be comfortable with me. So you don't have to do that when we're alone.

You nodded.

The two of you are actually in a relationship for almost a year now. And the company knows it.
They allowed you, under the condition that the both of you would behave and keep it professional at work.
At first they were really skeptical and would keep a very close eye, but seeing that the two of you really focused and working hard at work and still in a healthy relationship, they calmed down.

You thought you would be awkward. But turns out, you both got more comfortable than you thought. He's always polite, caring, understanding, and supportive. So he's not that hard to like. Hopefully nothing will change, as it's been very nice between you two.

You let out a sigh as your smile dropped.

Jay : You ok?

Y/n : I don't know. I'll be fine, I guess.

Jay : Wanna talk about it?

You went silent for a moment, contemplating whether or not you should tell him. You're grateful that he always asks about your condition. It's like he knows when something is bothering you. But this subject is kinda heavy.

Y/n : Everything just seems to be harder lately. There are loads of expectations, which I don't know if I can fulfill. I'm starting to doubt myself, whether or not I actually belong here. Even dancing doesn't feel like how it used to. I couldn't enjoy it like before. I'm so confused.

He listened to you carefully and looked at you.

Jay : Being an idol is real tough. Not gonna lie, even I still can't get used to it sometimes. There are times when I feel like quitting.

You looked at him with your brows furrowed. You know it wasn't easy for him, for anyone apparently. But you didn't know that he thought about quitting.

Y/n : What do you do when you feel that way?

Jay : I just thought, "What would happen if I quit?"
"Will I be able to move on from all this?"
"From dancing, singing, performing".
I thought about how I was so passionate about dancing or singing.
I wanna do this for a simple reason.
Because I love singing and dancing.
I love performing. It's like my life. If I quit, I don't think I have the heart to do anything else. Then I start going to the studio and just freestyle. It reminds me of why I started this journey.