When you're insecure 👀

Insecurities.

Something a lot of people didn't understand as a child but understood immediately as they became a teenager, and it's no different for Y/n.

As a child, she didn't understand the concept. But when she started gaining weight in her teenage years, people started giving comments, and many say it in hurtful ways.

"She's starting to get fatter"

"People get skinnier as they continue to dance, while she gets fatter"

She became very shy, introverted, and insecure of herself.

It became much worse when she started dating a guy in highschool. A guy who unfortunately is very toxic. He would make terrible comments about her physical appearance, and he made sure to make her think that she was the problematic one, not him.

"Can you please fix yourself, put some make up or something. I can see your pimples, it's ugly"

"Gosh, when are you gonna go on a diet? You eat like a pig"

"Stop bugging me, you're like sick dog waiting for a treat"

When she found out she was just a bet and he broke up with her, she was broken.
Of course her family always gave her support and comfort. They advised her to forget about him, and she did. She distracted herself and worked her ass off to get a scholarship for college. Soon she moved on, and she got accepted to an art university for her dancing on full scholarship.
Her mental health did get better, thankfully, and her family is very proud of her.

On her 2nd year though, a miracle happened. While she was going in the convenience store near her university, she bumped into someone so hard that she fell.

Y/n : Ouch.

?? : I'm so sorry, are you alright?

Y/n : I think so.

She looked up to see a guy. He had a mask and a hat on, but she thought his eyes looked kinda familiar.
He extended his hand to help her up and she took it.

?? : I'm so sorry, miss.

Y/n : It's alright, really.

?? : Are you sure you're not hurt?

Y/n : Yes.

She nodded at him. His voice too, sounded familiar to her.

?? : Are you going in?

She nodded and he opened the door for her, letting her in first before going in himself.

Y/n : T-Thank you.

She smiled and bowed to him, and he smiled back at her.
They went to their separate ways and minded their own business, but it seems that fate wanted something else for them.
Without them realizing, the whole time they were taking the same things. And when they went to pick out a beverage, their hands touched and caused them to feel a slight static shock. They retrieved their hands and said at the same time.

Y/n : Sorry.

?? : Sorry.

They looked at each other and giggled. He let her take it first and he did the same thing after. When they went to pay, the counter person went to the back for a while, making them wait for a few minutes.
While waiting, she hummed to Blind by ENHYPEN, one of her favorite groups.
Yes, she's a Kpop lover.

While humming, a thought suddenly struck her. That guy's voice is so familiar because...
She turned around to take a look at him (only for a few seconds), then she realized.
That guy is Jungwon.
Her thought was cut short when the counter person came back. She went to sit on a bench to enjoy what she bought and he also sat a little further from her.