Forbidden to Love 👥💔

WARNING ⚠️
This story contains abusive and cruel words and actions. If you find this disturbing, please feel free to not read this story. This story is purely fictional, it has nothing to do with the artists and it certainly has no means of insulting anything or anyone in real life.
-

----------------------------------------------------------
Guard : Come on! Get working!

A guard said as everyone started working in the field, including yourself.

You grew up in a small town where so many things are forbidden. No music, only worship songs or the town's anthom are allowed here. No going out of the borders and objects that are from outside of the borders are not allowed in either.

Your leader, Laia, said that those rules were made for our safety. She said that it's chaos out there because of the war and we're all safe here.

You have been living here for, well, forever. Ever since you were around 2 or 3. So you've only heard stories from some of the older ones. We're not allowed to talk about life outside the walls either.

Sometimes you wonder what is on the other side of the walls. Some said that there are horrible people who are cannibals out there. But, of course, you'll never find out. Everyone is scared to find out. Punishment here is severe.
And there's one more rule, the most important one.
Love is not allowed here.
What about the parents, you might ask. Well, no exceptions. The dormitories for boys and girls are separated. Even when we eat, boys and girls are not allowed to sit together. Interaction between boys and girls is also very limited.

You were planting flowers and watering them with some of the other girls, a few boys were carrying heavy boxes with tools inside, standing a few feet apart from where you're at.
As you watch them carrying the boxes, one boy, though, caught your attention.
He was fixing some of the tools, when he looked up and your eyes met. You gave him a small smile and he returned it.

Guard : Come on! Work faster! Move!

The guard yelled, making you two look away and continued working.

Someone : Niki, can you help me with this?

He nodded and went to help the other guy.
So Niki is his name, you thought.
As we continued to work, soon the sun started to set. Everyone started to go back to wash up before going to the hall to eat dinner.
Work is done for the day.

*In the hall*

You, your mother, and little sister went to line up to get your food. You sat down on a table to eat while chatting about your day with your mom and sister. While eating, you noticed that boy from before, Niki, sitting with his friends. You tried not to look too much. So you looked away to not make it look obvious.

*Niki's POV*

I was eating dinner with my friends and chatting about random things, I noticed the girl from the field. What's her name, I thought. I looked away for a moment and when I looked at her direction again, our eyes met. After a few seconds we looked away, not wanting to get scolded.

*Time skip later at night*

I was going to sleep, but I couldn't. I just couldn't help but wonder about that girl. What was her name? I tried to close my eyes again, but nope. Still couldn't sleep. In the end, I gave up.
I got up and went outside quietly.
I decided to go to my favorite place, the garden near the wall.
No one knows about this place as it was covered with bushes, trees, and long vines. I made sure no one was watching before I made my way inside. The garden was filled with green grass and beautiful flowers.