When you can't get pregnant

Sunghoon and Y/n first met when they were 21 years old, they met in a café where Y/n works at. I guess you can call it love at first sight in Sunghoon's case, as he was definitely attracted when he first saw her. 

And as for Y/n, though she was also awestruck seeing him, she tried to deny her feelings. She's not exactly the type to believe in "Love at first sight".

After all, the quote "Don't judge the book by it's cover" does exist for a reason.

After that, Sunghoon kept visiting the café more and more often, good thing the place is close to where he works.

After almost a week, he finally gathered his courage to ask for her number.

  Y/n : Hello again, what can I get you today?

  Sunghoon : 1 vanilla latte please.

  Y/n : 1 vanilla latte, can I get you anything else?

  Sunghoon : Uhm.. Can I get your phone number?

She was shocked, confused, and flustered at first.

  Y/n : Huh? M-my number?

He nodded.

  Y/n : Sorry, but I don't really know you though.

  Sunghoon : Sorry if I sounded weird or creepy, I just thought you look like a nice person. So I wanted to get close to you.

He gave a small smile and scratched the back of his head, feeling shy. After giving it a thought, she decided to give him a chance.

  Y/n : Well... Sure, I guess. As long as there's no funny business.

  Sunghoon : I promise you, no funny business.

He giggled at her comment before answering. And she smiled after hearing to his giggles that sounded so beautiful.

A few months after being friends, he decided to confess first. So here they are, laying on the grass in a park, stargazing.

  Y/n : The stars are beautiful today.

  Sunghoon : They sure are.

He said, looking at her.

  Y/n : Look at the sky when you say that, not me.

  Sunghoon : I don't want to.

  Y/n : Why not?

  Sunghoon : Why would I when the view beside me is more beautiful?

She blushed at his words, looking at him shocked.

  Y/n : W-what is with you? Don't say things you don't mean. You're getting flirty lately.

She said as she looked away from him.

  Sunghoon : Really? I didn't know that.

He said teasingly.

  Y/n : Now you're just teasing me.

They both chuckled. He then looked at her again.

  Sunghoon : But seriously, Y/n. I meant what I said.

He gently held her pinkie finger, which made her look back at him.

  Sunghoon : I have fallen for you. But do you feel the same?

She nodded slowly.

  Sunghoon : Really?

He sat up before helping her up as well.

  Y/n : Yes, really.

  Sunghoon : I know that it's a little fast, but Y/n, will you be my girlfriend?

   Y/n : I would love to.

She said and they both smiled.

  Sunghoon : Thank you, Y/n.

He said and hugged her.

  Y/n : Don't thank me, hoon.

He pulled away and gave her a sweet peck on her forehead.

Time skip after 4 years, they got married and they started trying for kids 2 years later.

It's been almost a year, but still, the pregnancy tests all came out negative. They both decided to go to a doctor to find out if there's a problem.

  Doctor : Mrs Park, how often do you get irregular periods?

  Y/n : It used to happen often when I was a teenager, but it got better. Recently, it started happening again a few times.

  Doctor : I checked your blood pressure, and it is abnormal, it's too low. Do you know that you have hypotension?

She nodded.

  Doctor : Since the both of you are not infertile, this could be the cause. Hypotension or low blood pressure, can also make it difficult to become pregnant and maintain pregnancy. So it's not that you cannot get pregnant, but it's just more difficult for a person with low blood pressure.

  Sunghoon : What can we do?

He asked the doctor for a solution.

  Doctor : I would prescribe vitamins for you to help. But remember that daily routine is the key to improve your condition. Eat and drink more, get enough rests and exercise, and most importantly, do not stress yourself.

On the way home, Y/n's mind was filled with negative thoughts. She was so distracted that she didn't realize that they were already in front of their house. After a tap from Sunghoon did she came back to her senses and got out of the car and went inside.

  Sunghoon : Y/n? You okay?

He said and took a seat beside her on the couch.

  Y/n : Hoon. What if I can't get pregnant?

She said with tears in her eyes.

  Sunghoon : Don't say that, the doctor said herself that you can.

  Y/n : I'm so sorry, hoon.

The tears she held started to roll down.

  Sunghoon : Why would you be sorry?

He said as he hugged her tight.

  Y/n : I know you have always wanted to have a baby. But I might not be able to give that to you, I'm sorry, hoon.

  Sunghoon : No, darling, it's not your fault. Don't apologize for something you have no control of.

He said as he pulled away and cupped her cheek.

  Sunghoon : Y/n, listen. I have you by my side, that's what matters most to me. And also, there are also other options to have children, like adoption. Baby or no baby, I will always love you no matter what, darling.

She started shedding more tears after listening to his words.

  Sunghoon : Don't cry, you're gonna make me cry.

He said as they cuddled close.

  Sunghoon : Now don't stress about it anymore, hm? It's not good for you. Everything will be fine, darling.

She nodded and he kissed her lovingly. After about a minute, they pulled away for air and rested their foreheads together.

  Y/n : I love you.

  Sunghoon : I love you more.

-----------------------The End-----------------------