Chapter 3: The New Home

Nami

This past week, me and mum packed everything that we would possibly need for our new home. Dragon-san was really kind when he picked us up from our home. He even persuaded us to go for a shopping spree that was totally on him, before heading home.

We got in the house and it was even more stunning than last time for dinner. It looked cleaner and more neat. There was already lunch served on the dinning table that was made by Dadan-san. She was a woman that Dragon-san had hired as Luffy's babysitter when he was little, that also did housework like cleaning and cooking for them. She was a scary woman but once she liked you she was an angel.

In the living room, I saw Luffy watching a movie with a girl. She looked gorgeous. Her head was rested on Luffy's shoulders while he had his arm wrapped around her. I could see them from behind and they didn't notice me. The girl flipped back her smooth and silky raven hair and kissed Luffy on the cheek. She saw me from her peripheral vision and smirked before hugging him tightly.

I ignored them and dragged my suitcase at the base of the long staircase. Dragon-san appeared behind me and looked curious.

"Do you need help with that?" He asked me.

"No worries, I think I got this, thanks!" I said and lifted the heavy suitcase up the first step. I was not a weak woman but all the heavy gadgets inside  it made my job to bring it to my room super difficult.

"Luffy! Bring your ass here!" In no time Luffy was next to Dragon-san.

"What do you want, dad. Man, you're so annoying. I had to pause the movie to come here"

"Help Nami with her suitcase." He looked at me mad. He grabbed my suitcase with one hand and brought it in my room before slamming the door behind him. I heard his girl shouting to leave me alone and to come back at her warm hug and I sighed. They're helplessly stupid.

I unpacked and sat on my bed exhausted. My clothes were on my closet, my books on my bookcase and my personal items on my nightstand.

My new room was like it came out of a fairytale. The walls were a nice light peachy colour. The ceiling had downlights and a beautiful gold chandelier with crystals. I had a queen-sized bed with a soft white headboard. The ivory curtains looked luxurious and great quality.

My feet were playing with the white fluffy rag when I heard the door next to my room close. I heard giggling and moans so I went downstairs to avoid the annoying commotion.

The doorbell rang and I went for it since Dragon-san and mum sat on the sofa hugging.

"I got it!" I shouted. I opened the door and a hot man was before me leaning on the door frame.

"Hello," he said bowing his head slightly. He was the first person I saw in this house that had manners. "Pardon me for the inconvenience. Is Luffy inside?"

"Yes. But I think he's kinda busy right now."

"Oh I get it, Hancock's here" I nodded. "If I may guess, you are Nami" I nodded again.

"Yeah, that's right. Who are you?"

"I'm-"

"Nami-chan, is it Ace?" Dragon-san asked and I looked back at the man who grinned.

"Yup, that's me"

"Please come in" I offered and stepped on the side allowing him to enter.

"Sorry to bother" he said and stepped inside. "Would you like to go somewhere where we could talk privately? I'd like to learn more about you"

"Sure" I said since I had nothing better to do. I was surrounded by stupid couples and my friends now lived quite far away. We went to Dragon-san's library. It was a place in mixed industrial and whimsical style. It combined the modern with the outdated perfectly. We sat down on the sofa and Ace asked me how my day was.

"Well, I was tired from packing and unpacking. But now I feel a little better."

"That's good to hear"

"So, I wanted to ask you, how long have you been friends to Luffy?"

"We're brothers for 10 years." He noticed the puzzled look on my face. "We were really good friends and we decided to become brothers. Me, him and Sabo who I'm guessing you haven't met yet."

"That's right."

"I learned that you were coming here and I couldn't help but come here to get to know you. I was really curious of what kind of person you are."

"And... What am I?"

"I don't know, I'm still getting to know you." He said with his hand on his chin. He was thinking hard. "If I had to guess. You are kind, strong and independent. You are smart academically and ambitious. And... maybe you have a short temper."

"Why would you say that?" He smirked.

"From the look you gave me when you said that Luffy was with Hancock." I blushed.

"S-Sorry, I didn't mean to sound cruel. She's your brother's girlfriend it wasn't something against her. I was just annoyed that we didn't get to do something as a new family and they all got to celebrate their love leaving me outside"

"Don't you want to celebrate love, too?"

"That's not in my plans. I just want to succeed and get into the university of my dreams. I want to work as a preschool teacher and see the little ones learn and grow while they share smiles of happiness."

"See? I knew you were academically smart." I laughed. I could see his point.

"Don't you worry about Hancock. I still haven't met anyone That likes here. She's kinda rude and selfish. But she loves Luffy and cares for him so we have no saying in his decision."

"Mmh, I get that" I said confidently.

"It's time for me to go. Just one last question before I leave. Do you have feelings for Luffy?" I watched him dumbfounded.

"How could I ever love my stepbrother?"