Chapter 4: The Fights

Nami

The sun was shining brightly through my window a couple of minutes before eight o' clock. A gentle knock on my door indicated that breakfast was served and I got ready for the day. I opened up my closet and found a pair of yellow baggy shorts and a white t-shirt. I didn't feel like going out so I wore a casual outfit.

Upon opening the door a strong smell of pancakes and coffee hit my nostrils. I skipped down the stairs to find my mum on the long dinning table with Dragon-san.

"Good morning, sweetheart!" Mum greeted me.

"Morning, mum"

"Sweetie, I want to say sorry for making you upset the other day. I just want you to be happy." I sighed and smiled.

"That's okay mum. Sorry for bursting onto you" She gave me a long hug and we sat at the table where Dadan-san had made a breakfast feast.

Luffy run down the stairs and sat down next to me mumbling "morning" through his chewing. He barely greeted us before stuffing his face. Dragon-san's face was getting redder and redder till he run out of patience.

"When are you gonna learn some manners you stupid son!"

"WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!" Luffy shouted at him.

"Is food ALL that you could think about? And where's your girlfriend? Did you leave her upstairs and run down to grab your breakfast?"

"She's left last night" Luffy stared to calm down and so did Dragon. The latter sighed and continued feeding himself.

Luffy looked at me and I looked away as I got flashbacks of what I'd done last night. I felt my cheeks burn and tried my hardest to ignore it. Luffy sighed angrily and focused on his food.

"Do I sense tension here?" Mum said and Dragon nodded.

"Luffy, why don't you invite your friends over? You could have a party in the house and me and Bellemere will go on a nice dinner date."

"Cool!" Luffy said between his chews and swallows with a grin.

"Nami-chan, you could join too." Dragon suggested. Luffy knitted his eyebrows and looked at me again.

"No." He said in a serious tone.

"Why not, Luffy? Did your sister bother you?"

"I don't like her" I felt tears in my eyes. I hadn't done anything to deserve this. Dragon opened his mouth to speak again but mum interupted.

"If so, it's okay. We respect your decision. I get that Nami will steal the attention from you with her cuteness and you're scared." I cought Dadan-san from the corner of my eye listening to our conversation from the kitchen and smiling. It looked like she approved of my mum.

"I'm not scared!"

"Then why?"

"Hancock doesn't like her!" The room fell silent until Dragon-san's laughter echoed.

"No wonder she wouldn't. Since Nami-chan is cuter." He said. I felt justified and happy that my stepfather liked me more than his son's current girlfriend.