Chapter 12: The Sleepover

Nami

Luffy ate surprisingly slowly and in a mature almost formal way, polar opposite of what he was used to at home. Maybe the elegant environment had an affect on him.

We walked back in our hotel rooms and after taking my make up off I made myself comfortable on the bed.

Just when I closed my eyes and relaxed Robin whispered to me "Hey Nami... Are you sleeping?"

"Mhm?"

"I ment to ask you something but I hesitated."

I turned on the lamp on the wall besides me and looked at her now more focused on the conversation. "So... Zoro asked me if I wanted to sleep with him tonight..." My eyes shot open and I stared at her in disbelief. "No, we're not planning on having sex. Yet. We wanted to chill together and sleep."

"O-Okay... I guess that would be nice" I said smiling.

"Yeah... It's just that-" a loud knock interupted our conversation and I tossed the covers on the side annoyed before opening the door.

Luffy was standing on the other side of the door wearing a white tank top that hugged his lean figure and loose black shorts. He was holding onto his pillow and he looked tired. His flip flops made their way into the room and he laid on my side of the bed.

I looked at Robin in need of an explanation and she just smiled, kinda awkwardly.

"I think it's time for me to go. Bye, Nami! Have fun!" She said and and walked out of the room and into the one Zoro and Luffy shared. I now looked at Luffy and he was still laying on my side of the bed relaxed. Me on the other hand... I was trembling with nervousness. I sat down next to him and poked his side with my index.

"HEY!" He shouted annoyed and rubbed the spot I poked.

"Care to explain what the hell is going on? And also leave my side!" He rolled his eyes before rolling his body to the other side.

"Stingy..."

"I heard that!!"

He smirked. "I know"

I grabbed my pillow and threw it on his face but unfortunately he caught it before it got a chance to land. A heavy sigh left my lips trying to surpass my embarrassment.

"So... Why are you here?"

He laid back down and placed his arms behind his head while closing his eyes. "Zoro wanted to have some alone time with his girlfriend." Another smirk escapred his lips and it made my stomach turn upside down. It was sexy. "I wouldn't dare disappoint my best friend."

"So you knew that Zoro liked Robin?"

"Yeah, kinda. We all knew, he was just trying to play hard. Even Sanji had suspected that something was going on between them."

I laid down besides him. "And... Did you also know that Robin liked him back?"

"We were not sure but we all thought that she was. She was looking at him from time to time when she was reading and she would always try to make him feel uncomfortable while teasing him only for her to laugh. He had special treatment from her since the day they met." Luffy said while turning his head to look at me. "She had that look. Like the one you have right now."

I blinked twice and then realized that I was mesmerized by him. I noticed how close we were and the fact that we were laying on the same bed. My heartbeat starting it's weird dance again and my face felt hot and strange.

"You good, Nami? Your face is all red." That made me go crazy. I grabbed my pillow again and threw it once more on his face and this time it hit him hard... As hard as a pillow possibly can.

"What was that for? Why are you angry?"

"Don't make things weird!"

"What? I didn't make anything weird!"

A knock on the door was heard and I rushed to open. Zoro was leaning on the door frame and spoke as soon as I opened the door.

"Can you keep it down, woman? You're annoying"

"Shut up! It's all your fault!" I said before slamming the door on his face.

I was waking back on the bed when I noticed on the full body mirror my image. The long white t-shirt I was wearing as a nightgown was lifted from my behinds, leaving my underwear exposed to be viewed from the back angle. Thankfully, Zoro wouldn't be able to see anything but Luffy for sure caught a glimpse of my red thong. My choice of undies was bad and successful at the same time. I looked at him hesitantly while he was staring at the window slightly blushing.

I rushed under the sheets covering myself with them almost up to my forehead.

"Hancock would try to kill me if she knew what happened."

"She would." Luffy said agreeing which didn't make the situation better. He then added. "But I wouldn't let her." My heart skipped a beat. Something in the way he said that made me believe that he was serious and honest. It made me feel safe and wanted.

I peeked over the sheets and Luffy was still slightly blushing.

"Sorry... Didn't mean to flush you like that." My eyes travelled down his body. His chest was rising and falling with unsteady breaths. His muscules seemed tensed and his private area aroused. I could see the bulk underneath his black shorts and it was tempting me to reach my hand but the thought also made me feel disgusted with myself.

I turned my back to him and turned off the light before laying down comfortably. I could hear him fidgeting and going under the covers as well.

"Don't worry about that." He whispered. "Have a good night" I smiled.

"Sleep tight"