Chapter 9: The Preparations

Nami

I agreed to this trip. It was a nice start for our friendship and simultaneously I would have time to relax and change my environment. I glanced at my suitcase. My underwear was packed along with some t-shirts, shorts and swimsuits. I also made sure to pack summer dresses and some sandals.

The suitcase was relatively small but so full that I had to step on it to zip it. I sighed and wiped the sweat forming on my forehead with the back of my palm. My butt touched the floor and I leaned against my bedframe.

The door opened and a particular energy ball bursted in.

"Nami, Nami, Nami, Nami!" Luffy shouted. My heart beat sped up while my stomach danced at the sound of my name coming from his lips.

"Door!" I shouted red from embarrassment and anger. He pouted and then walked outside before knocking on the door.

"Can I come in?" He asked gently.

"Y-Yes." He stepped in and smiled. "You know this was not necessary" he shrugged.

"Did you make your suitcase?" He asked and sat down next to me on the floor. He was sitting a couple inches away but he was radiating some warmth.

"Yeah... I mean kind of... I'm tired" I noticed a red and a yellow piece of clothing in his hand. "What's that?" I asked curiously.

"Oh right! That's why I came here, Nami. Which one?" He said standing up like a spring and holding the two fabrics in each hand. From what I could tell they were swimming trunks. One was red with black and white palm trees while the other one was plain vibrant yellow with blue laces. I pointed at the red one since it was complimenting his skin tone.

"I like that one better".

"You sure?" He asked "You seem skeptical"

"I'm not 100% sure since you're not wearing them."

"Make's sense. Let me wear them." With a swift move he drew down his pants and was left in his underwear in front of me. I blushed and looked away from his gray boxers and his toned legs, immediately. I knew Luffy was embarrassed, too, from the way he hurried wearing the swimwear. "What do you think?" I looked hesitantly.

"Yeah, red suits you. You should take these." I said while nervously fidgeting with the hem my white shirt. He smiled.

"Thanks, Nami! If you need anything don't hesitate. Oh by the way, Ace will be here in an hour be ready by then." With that he closed my bedroom door behind him.

_____

I put my lip gloss on and checked myself in my bathroom mirror. 'Looking good' I thought as I winked at my image posing for a bit on the mirror like it was a camera. My hands grabbed the sink faucet and I washed them. My body leaned over and I grabbed the sides of the sink before sighing.

Why did I feel so flustered around Luffy? He is supposed to be my brother and no matter how difficult that is to comprehend, our parents are going to stay together. They love each other. Despite that, Luffy has a girlfriend. A really beautiful and sexy one. But I can't help myself feeling jealous. Is it because I'm not as good as her? Maybe because I don't have a boyfriend. Or is it because I want him? That's outrageous! I can't have him. I'll never have him. He's hot and sweet, but he's my brother from now on, so I have to act cool and collected during the vacation. No more stuttering, no more blushing. No more awkward feelings and perverted thoughts.

The pep talk was great but I forgot all about it as soon as I heard a honk and Luffy knocked rapidly on my door.

"Nami, Nami!! Ace's here hurry up!" The butterflies on my stomach returned and with a glance on the mirror I could tell I was blushing. I still couldn't get used to the sound of my name coming from Luffy's mouth. And I wanted that mouth... I slapped myself on the forhead and walked outside.

"Coming!" I said and grabbed my stuff.

I bid my goodbyes to mum, Dragon-san and Dadan-san before heading outside along with Luffy. His hands grazed my thigh as he bent down to grab his travel sack. I felt like that spot was on fire.

"Sorry 'bout that." He murmured and stepped outside.

"Have fun kiddos!" Mum said and lit a cigarette.

"We will!" Luffy shouted back and I waved before loading my luggage on Ace's care and sitting on the back sit. Luffy was sitting in front of me and I noticed the back of his head and his gorgeous raven hair. I surpassed a tempting thought to run my fingers through his locks.

"Yooo let's go to the port guys." Ace said and stepped on the gas.

We reached the harbor and then on our ship where we met the rest of the group. Robin was sitting on a bench reading a book while Sabo was asking her questions and she was laughing. Zoro was on the other side of the bench often glaring at them or sleeping. Sanji was preparing snacks and Usopp was trying to draw a mustache on Zoro's face whenever he fell sleep.

"Luffy," I said turning to him, "where's the rest of the group?" He looked at me and smiled gently.

"Franky is working every summer with his brother Iceberg for Tom-san, Brook said something about sea and humidity making his old bones hurt and Chopper is taking some CPR on-line classes. Jimbe is also having a reunion with some old groop of his called 'sun-pirates', he missed his buddy Tiger."

"And... Hancock?"

"Oh! Hancock is having a photoshoot and she's also filming some scenes for the new movie that she's gonna be a part of."

"Ohh... That's nice to hear. I mean... That she's having fun! Not that she's not gonna be here" I heard Robin's soft laugh and I blushed. I secretly liked that fact that she wasn't here. "What film is she gonna be a part of?"

"Amazon Lily. She has the protagonistic role of the 'empress'."

We were having a pleasant conversation about Ace's, Sabo's and Luffy's childhood memories when we reached the island. It was small and had a tiny town, however the beach was vast and the sand hot, white and smooth.

I noticed its people being tan and laughing while walking with ice creams on hand. This town consisted mainly from young people and it was very lively.

We walked through the streets and passed some beautiful stores that me and Robin promised to visit later. The air smelled like sea food and sweets. We passed through a narrow street and stopped in front of the extravagant door of the 4 star hotel that Dragon-san booked for us. The receptionist gave us our key cards along with a piece of paper that Dragon-san asked to be given to us.

Room number 306 - Zoro and Luffy (4th floor)
Room number 307 - Nami and Robin (4th floor)
Room number 400 - Ace and Sabo (5th floor)
Room number 401 - Sanji and Usopp (5th floor)
-These are your rooms. If you don't like it go pay for yourselves.

Luffy cursed under his breath and I laughed. We went our sperate ways and settled our luggage in our luxurious room after we decided that we would meet at the lobby in an hour.

I decided I needed some sleep.