The New Killings

Sidney and Sage were now in college. Sage was twenty years old now and she was still trying to shake off her depression about the last few years. Losing her mother than boyfriend had taken a toll on her. Currently, she was sitting down on her bed in the dorm room she shared with her sister.

     "Ever since these movies came out, people just think they can call us twenty-four, seven." Sage spoke, looking over towards Sidney.

     "Tell me about it." Sidney said before picking up the phone. "Hello? ... Yes? ... Who is this? ... Cory Gillis, 442-8730 ... Breaking news, Cory, prank calls are a criminal offense." She sighed and put the phone away.

     "That's the tenth one today alone." Sage spoke as she looked over at the phone, shaking her head. "I need a drink now." She mumbled underneath her breath.

     "You've done more than enough drinking, Sage." Sidney spoke as she looked at her sister.

     Sage's mind went back to the horrible Christmas break after Stu's tragic death. She had drank so much that she landed herself in the hospital. She would've been placed in jail if it weren't for Dewey getting everything settled. However, ever since then, Randy and Sidney wouldn't let Sage near a drink. Even at parties, they'd let her do anything else but drink. The two were still absolutely worried about her. Worried that Sage would go back to how she was that one Christmas Break.

     "Right..." Sage sighed and looked over at her sister.

     "It's opening weekend. The movie sales are crazy. It'll die down, Sage." Sidney told her sister.

     "I hope so." Sage turned on the television to the news. She wanted something that would get her mind off of the current situation.

     "The two victims of the Stab premiere killings are Maureen Evans and Phil Stevens. These two-" The reporter spoke before Sage quickly turned off the TV.

     "Wonderful. Let's just head out, alright Sid? Hallie wants us to go to the frat party tonight." Sage spoke, rolling her eyes.

     "I don't think that's a good idea for you, but sure." Sidney nodded and followed her sister out of the room.

     "It's fine. Randy's coming and he'll keep an eye on me. You have fun and go spend time with Derek." Sage spoke as she looked around, walking.

     "Of course." Sidney sighed, but nodded trusting Randy with her sister. "He cares about you y'know..."

     "I know. I just-" Sage trailed off and looked away.

     "You don't want what happened to Stu to happen to him." Sidney finished for her.

     "Exactly. That'll really kill me, Sid." Sage spoke with a small frown, shrugging slightly.

      Sage and Sidney went outside to a swarm of reporters. They tried to get Sidney and Sage to speak, but neither girl said anything. They simply continued walking. Gale walked over and helped the girls away from the media geeks. Sage was still completely pissed off with Gale, but let the older woman lead her off to safety.