Sage's Response

A couple of hours later, Dewey was in Sage and Sidney's room. He had some very difficult news to tell Sage and didn't know how she would react.

      "Sage. Randy, uh, he's uhm... gone..." Dewey spoke, quiet.

      "He's not gone. He went off to help Gale. I'm sure you can find them two." Sage spoke, shrugging it off.

      "No, Sage. He's dead. He's actually gone, and I'm so sorry." Dewey spoke.

      Sage got up and looked at Dewey, shaking her head. She looked on the verge of tears, but when Dewey tried to pull her into a comforting hug, she punched his chest, sobbing.

      "You let this happen! You should've helped him, too! This is your fault, Dewey! You made him think he had to protect me! You're such an asshole!" Sage yelled, crying.

      "Sage... Sage... it's not my fault. I- I wouldn't hurt you like this. Please, Sage." Dewey whispered.

      Sage sighed and sat on her bed, crying into her hands. She only had one question on her mind.

      "How? How did this happen to him?" Sage mumbled.

       "He got a call. He thought you were in danger, so he went to get in the van to come and check on you. The killer was waiting, Sage. The killer got to him." Dewey whispered, rubbing her back.

      "Everyone I date dies. I will never date anyone again." Sage cried out.

      "Don't say that. You'll find someone you can be with." Dewey whispered, running his fingers through her hair.

       "My second boyfriend died, and you're hitting on me? What? Do you want to die, too?" Sage questioned.

      "No, Sage. I'm sorry. I overstepped." Dewey got up, sighing to himself.

      "Don't go. I can't be alone right now. Please, Dewey. Don't make me lose you." Sage cried into her hands, loud.

       "Shhh... it will be alright. No one will hurt you." Dewey spoke, sitting down.

      "I want him to. I don't want to live without Randy. Please." Sage leaned against Dewey, upset.

       "What was it you just said? Oh, yeah. Please don't make me lose you, Sage." Dewey whispered, holding her.

      "Let him have me. I can't lose anyone else, Dewey." Sage whispered, sobbing.

       Dewey sighed and went silent, gently rubbing her back. He knew this was such a difficult time for her. He didn't want her to be so upset. He wondered what he could do to help her now.

      "Please. Dewey, I can't live like this. Everyone around me is going to die." Sage cried and looked at him. "You..."

     "Me what, Sage? I ain't going anywhere. Your sister isn't, either. I am going to make sure of that. Derek, too." Dewey spoke, trying to soothe Sage.

      "I can't do this." Sage looked at him. "Let me go. I need a drink."

       "No. You don't. You're not going to drink yourself to death." Dewey told her.

       "No. Just one drink. I promise, Dew." Sage whispered, looking at him. Once she was let go, she grabbed a bottle of alcohol.