Chapter 3

Laura pov.

I kept staring at the man on top of the stars. I still was shocked from what Scarlett, my wolf, told me. This man on the top of stairs was my mate.

My mate was Alpha Ross of Black Night pack. He had one of the strongest packs ever. And he himself was a strong Alpha. He was ruthless. He didn't spare rogues that crossed his border line. There were a lot of rumors that he would kill everyone that disrespected him. He wouldn't even bat an eye for them and that scared me even more.

I heard that one time there was a family with two kids that all were rogues. They crossed his territory to get away from hunters. Alpha Ross took them to the prison and killed the parents and the children became omegas in his pack. Everyone treated them like dirt.

But again, they all are rumors and the only ones who know if they are true are him and his pack. So I can not judge him based on rumors.

I could see that his wolf was on the edge just like mine was before. Ross was looking around trying to find somebody. But lucky for me he started to look on his left side but I was on the right side of the ballroom.

While he was looking for something that was me, he was slowly walking down the stairs with his Beta and sister behind him. His dad and mother arrived a little later so they were now on the top of the stairs.

My mate was about to look in my direction so I pulled Emma with me and turned around. She looked at me confused and so did the others but I just shook my head at them. I couldn't let him see my face. He would recognize me as his mate immediately.

''Laura, what's wrong?'' Molly asked me.

''Is he still looking at us?'' I asked her and she looked back at my mate, ''and don't look at me while talking. Act normal.''

''Yes, he is looking in our direction'' she said, ''now at you''

I took a deep breath and pointed something in front of me, ''Emma act like we are talking''

''Why?'' she asked me, ''What's wrong?''

''He looked away'' Molly said and I nodded at her. I was about to turn around but she stopped me, ''Wait! He looked back at us''

I stopped and turned back so my back was faced towards him.

''Laura?'' Emma asked again but I just put my finger in front of my mouth and waited for Molly to update me on what's going on with my mate.

''Okay, he walked all the way down. He can't see us now'' she said and I slowly turned around and checked if she wasn't lying to me, ''now please explain to us why you don't want him to see you!''

''Yeah Laura, please explain!'' Emma said and I looked at my friends and then towards where Ross should be.

''He...he is my mate...'' I answered them.

''And you don't want him to see you because...'' Luke started.

''Hey it's better if he doesn't see her!'' Jackson said to Luke and Molly punched his arm.

''I don't want a mate right now.'' I answered.

''Why?'' Molly asked me confused and came to stand next to me while taking my hand.

''I mean he is from another pack so he will take me with him! That's for starters!'' I said and Jackson just nodded while the others frowned at me.

''And?'' Molly continued to ask after she glared at Jack.

''And...I am scared!'' I said and looked down ashamed.

''Oh Laura!'' Dylan said with a laugh, ''there is nothing to be afraid of!''