Chapter 39

Laura pov.

After taking a shower, I went to put on some new clothes. I had told Amos, Luka and my dad to meet me in 20 minutes in Ross's office, before I took a shower. So when I put on some clothes, I looked in the mirror to see if I looked okay and went to Ross's office.

The walk to his office was short and quiet, probably because everyone was tired from the training and were sleeping in their beds.

When I reached the door to Ross's office I opened it and saw Ross, Luka and my dad talking. The only one who wasn't here was Amos.

I smiled when I saw them and walked over to Ross's side. Ross smiled and pulled me in his lap, while kissing my forehead.

''Do I smell know?'' Ross mind liked me. I chuckled.

''You could take one more shower.'' I mind linked him back. He growled and pulled me closer, while putting his head in my neck. I smiled and leaned into him.

''Don't lie. You love how I smell.'' Ross mind liked me, but I didn't answer. I looked away to hide my blush from everyone. I felt him smile against my neck and pull me even closer, if that was even possible.

''Where is Amos?'' I asked out loud and just when I finished my sentence Amos walked in.

''I'm here. Don't worry.'' Amos said smiling. He walked and sat down on the couch with the book in his hand.

''So now that we all are here let's start.'' I said. I looked at my dad and Luka, ''Remember when you guys found the book that you gave me about the White wolfs?'' I asked them.

''Yes. What about it?'' Luka asked.

''Well the book was stolen from Amos some years ago,'' I said ''and we wanted to ask you if you remember where you found it.''

''Oh, well I found it at the border of my territory.'' Luke said and I nodded.

''So you weren't the ones who took it from my home in Africa?'' Amos asked.

''No, we haven't even been in Africa.'' Luka said and my dad nodded.

''So that means someone else took it,'' Ross said ''but why would it be lying in the dirt?''

''I don't know.'' Luka said.

''The real question is who took it,'' Amos said ''and why.''

.....

''We need to talk.'' I said when Ross walked in our room.

''What's wrong?'' he asked worried and came to sit next to me in bed, ''Is everything okay?''

''I don't know is it?'' I asked him and he looked at me confused.

''What do you mean?'' Ross asked me worried and took my hands.

''Every night you wake up and go away.'' I said and he looked down, ''Why? Is everything okay?'' I asked, ''Are...are you cheating on me?'' he immediately looked up.

''Of course not. I would never cheat on you. I love you Laura.'' Ross said looking in my eyes.

''Then what are you doing every night?'' I asked him.

Ross looked away, ''I couldn't sleep. I'm always thinking of you and that war. I can't lose you Laura. I just can't.''

I put my hand under his chin and pulled it towards me so he was looking in my eyes, ''Hey, you will never lose me. I'm going be with you till the end.'' I said.

''That's why I was away every night.'' he said and I looked at him confused, ''I was in my office trying to think of everything I could so that the end doesn't come as fast.''