Chapter 10

Laura pov.

After I unpacked I went to take a quick shower and now here I was standing in front of the window waiting for Ross to leave the room so I could hide the book.

I still wasn't sure when or how to tell him about me being the White wolf so now I will just try to ignore it and focus on something else.

"I have to go to my office. Emma is just two floors below us if you want to see her. And my office is just one floor below our room." he said to me and I turned around and nodded at him and then looked back out the window. I really could see far from this window. Even the big houses in the city and the border line to Ross's territory.

"Laura are you okay?" he asked me and came to stand next to me, taking my hand in his.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answered him and continued to look outside. Something didn't feel right. My wolf was on the edge. I was suddenly high on alert and trying to look for something in the woods.

"I'm sorry for not letting you sleep in the guest room if that's what you are angry about" he said and kissed my hand but I continued to look for something and didn't answer him, "Laura?"

Before I could answer him, I finally found what I was looking for.

"Ross! Look!" I suddenly said and showed him where to look. He growled when he saw what I showed him and ran out of the room. I followed him.

"Everybody get ready! Rogues are approaching our pack house from the south right now!" Ross yelled in his alpha voice trough out the house. Everybody started to run around to get prepared for the fight. Ross walked downstairs and like before I followed him down.

When he finally saw me following him he stopped and growled at me, "You stay here!"

"Yeah like that is going to happen! I am going with you!" I said back with a growl.

"Like hell you are! You are staying here where it is safe!" he growled back at me and grabbed my hand to pull me back in the house.

"No I am going with you. This is now my pack as well so I need to protect it as well! Plus isn't the safest place with you?" I asked him and he stopped to look at me, "You can lock me in a room, in the dungeon but I will still follow you out somehow and go fight next to you! So stop wasting time arguing with me but start moving and let's go protect the pack!"

He growled at me and walked back out with me by his side, "You do not leave my side! Understood?" he asked me and I nodded and we ran towards the rogues with the pack following close behind us.

There weren't a lot of rogues so this wouldn't take long. In under ten minutes we would be done so I wasn't scared at all. But when I was fighting a rogue besides Ross I saw someone familiar. The rogue that bit me! He was here.

When he saw me he smirked and ran towards me. I glowed loudly and saw Ross who looked at me but I ignored him and ran towards the rogue. That rogue is going to pay for what he did.

I was getting angrier by the minute and I knew Ross could feel it. He tried to come and fight next to me with the rogue who bit me but other rogues were stopping him from reaching me. He growled at them and tried harder.

At the same time I was fighting with the rogue and he was just smirking at me. I growled at him and tried to punch him in the face but he moved aside and I missed. He then punched me where the mark stood and I growled out loud. That hurt...

He smirked even more and tried to hit me there again but before he could Ross jumped at him and bit his neck. The rogue fell down dead.

But it was all a blur to me as I fell down to the ground and screamed. Damn did it hurt.