Chapter 4

Ross pov.

''Are we there yet?'' my sister asked me and James. I pulled into a long driveway that lead to the place where the event will be held.

''Yes'' James answered her and they looked out the windows.

''Wow, it's so beautiful!'' Jane said and I nodded.

''It is.'' James agreed with us.

I pulled up to the red carpet and we climbed out of my car. Some few cars pulled up behind mine. I gave the keys to my car to a guard and walked up the stairs with James and Jane by my side.

We walked through the long hall and reached the big doors that led inside the ballroom and walked inside

My wolf was acting weird all of sudden. He was trying to take control and run.

''What's wrong?'' I asked him.

''Do you smell that? It's so good!'' he answered me and I smelled the air. He was right. A scent so beautiful was lingering in the air.

I heard a man say mine, James and my sister's name but I ignored him. I was looking around the room to find where the scent was coming from.

I looked at everyone in the ballroom but the scent wasn't from them. I looked at the right side of the ballroom and saw Alpha Luke and his Beta next to him. He was talking with a group of werewolves. Two girls had their back towards me. A girl that was facing me, watched me and then talked to the girl with her back towards me.

I looked closely at the girl with the dark brown hair. She looked beautiful from the back. Her blue dress made her look so good. It hugged her curves just perfectly. And those long legs were just so perfect. I was sure that she looked beautiful from the front as well.

I didn't understand why both of the girls were facing the other way but I just continued to look again for the scent to be sure where the scent was coming from.

I looked all the way to the end of my right and then back at the girl. The scent was definitely coming from their group.

It was quick but I caught it. The girl that was facing her back towards me was about to turn but then Luke's sister said something while looking at me and the girl quickly turned around again.

There was something about that girl but I couldn't put my finger on it. My wolf felt calm when he was looking at her.

And giving her my last look I finally walked down the stairs and wasn't able to see her anymore. I tried to look for her but I didn't see anything.

James pulled me with him towards the other side of the ballroom from where the girl was standing.

''Do you smell that?'' James asked me and I nodded.

''Yeah, the smell of daisies mixed with rain is coming from there'' I answered and he looked at me weird.

''Daisies? No it's the smell of spring.'' James answered and I looked at him.

Is he stupid? Does his nose not work anymore? It's clearly the smell of daisies and rain mixed together. I do not smell anything of spring.

''I don't smell anything.'' Jane joined our conversation, ''I think you two are just high''

''No I am not!'' James defended himself and I just stayed quit, trying to look for the girl.

''Yeah right! You act like you are high all the damn time! How do I know when you are not!'' Jane said with a smirk and James growled.

''Alpha Ron of Bluerings pack!'' the man introduced Ron before James could say something back to Jane. I looked up at the end of the stairs and watched as the Alpha walked down with his Beta and mate by his side. He was holding his mates arm and she smiled up to him.