Chapter 18: Face mask and Flutters

(Unedited)

(Do read the authors note!)

Dinner was not what I had expected

Dinner was not what I had expected. Everyone were laughing and chatting. It looked like my aunt and Mrs. Collins were good friends.

Even my uncle and Mr. Collins got along well. I silently observed Vivian as she whispered something in Lucy's ear making her giggle.

Vivian looked exquisitely beautiful. The sundress she had wore perfectly hugged her curves and she had left her hair open which she frequently tucked behind her ear. Her eyes shone and she laughed sweetly.

Precious. That was all i could say.

"Ahem, so Kyle I heard you tutor my daughter?" Vivian's father asked making me look at him.

"Yes sir." I replied back.

"Thank you so much, love! I mean Vivian struggles a lot in calculus but now that she has you she's doing well. All thanks to you." Her mother smiled gratefully as she clutched her hands.

"No need to thank me ma'am. It's all my pleasure." My answer made her smile wider.

"He's such a gentleman!" She told to my aunt and they laughed.

The dinner was amazing and it perfectly want along with the environment. We were in the backyard and the lights made the table and look golden. It was beautifully decorated here.

"Hmm, this tastes amazing, Violet!" My uncle praised with closed eyes as he chewed the food.

"Ah! Thank you!" Mrs. Collins smiled as she passed the vine to my aunt.

"Soo... Do you have a girlfriend, Kyle?" Mr. Collins questioned again making me stop eating.

"No sir." I replied. One thing was sure, Vivian's dad didn't like me that much.

"Let the boy eat, honey!" Violet scolded making him chuckle.

"Wait," Lucy dropped the spoon on the table making everyone look at her. "Isn't Vivian your girlfriend kyle?"

Vivian choked and I swallowed the food with great hardness. She coughed and tears spilled from her eyes.

I quickly passes her a glass of water and she chucked it at once.
"Are you okay?" I whispered to her and she looked at me with and nodded. "Y-yes. Thank you."

Vivian's cheeks were flushed she clutched her dress as I gently patted her back.

Everyone stared at us and I could see hearts in my aunts eyes. Violet smiled at me with a knowing look.

We continued the dinner and I was interrogated by Vivian's dad.
"Well, what do you want to become? As in what's your dream?" I froze.

What's a dream? The one that shattered long ago or the one I am searching for?