Chapter 20: New girl

(Unedited)

I skipped my way inside the school and hummed a tune

I skipped my way inside the school and hummed a tune. I stopped by my locker and took the necessary stuff and locked it before going to Calculus.

Yep! I decided to go early and revise all the methods which Kyle taught me.  I was confident about my test today and was sure that i won't fail.

I walk to my place and sat down. I revised and recalled all the formulae before the bell rang. Many students rushed in.

Alex entered the class, he walked towards me and smiled at me. He had dark bags under his eyes and his hair was messy.

"Hey, little Vi." He greeted me with a small wave.

"Hi, Alex! How are you?!"

"I am good. Just tired." He told with a yawn.

I frowned, "You have dark circles."

"Oh well, I have a match in a few days with Oakwood. We have to win this match no matter what. So, all the team members are waking up early for practice." He explained.

"I see. I hope you win this match! Don't worry hard work gives good result!"

He softly smiled at me and i bought my hand to his head and combed his hair with my fingers. He closed his eyes with a sigh and hummed.

Poor Alex, he must be exhausted very much.

I fixed his hair before gently patting his head. He opened his eyes and gave me a pretty smile.
"Thank you, little Vi. I feel a lot better. Also what are learning? You are early today."

"We have a test today and I am just recalling what I've learned."

"We have a test today?"

"Oh my! Yes we do! You didn't know that?"

"I know it now," He grinned. "Don't worry I'll do it." He caressed my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

Soon our teacher entered the class and Kyle also came inside at the same time. Kyle came and sat beside me.
I looked at him and smiled. He gave me a small smile of his own.

"Are you prepared?" He questioned and I nodded my head.

"Yes I am."

Noticing my confidence he smiled again and gave me thumbs up.
"All the best." He whispers and my stomach did a somersault.

I come out of my daze when the girl sitting in front of me passes me the paper. I smile and whisper a quick thank you before starting the test.

After an hour I was done. I rechecked all my answers before submitting the paper to Mr. Brown.

To my disappointment, Kyle was gone already. I jumped a little when a hand was wrapped around my shoulder.
It was Alex.

"How was your paper?" I question him.