Chapter Twenty-Two: Aces Up | Part 1

This is dedicated to one amazing reader, who has been reading this story from the first few chapters I had up. :) Thank you so much, AnDiMarie!

__

Sorry for the lame titles and all the parts. Actually the parts just mean the next same scene will be continued in the next chapter. Not that it was cut in half or that I was too lazy to write the whole chapter. So with that clearified I'd like to tell you about the story: The Alibi. It's nearly half way done so please check it out when you have the time.

Sorry if this chapter might be lame in general, I've been having a bit of a writer block on this story, so any suggestions/comments/votes on this story is appreciated. I promise the next chapters will be better. :D

-This chapter is unedited-

Hope you like it!

---

Joshua

        “Joshy, quit playing with your tie,” Sara exclaimed, sitting up on my bed. Her reflection in my mirror showed her arms crossed and a magazine on her lap. “It’s going to become undone.”

          I moved my hands to my hair, and ruffled it a tad. It was too neat.  “As soon as you stop calling me Joshy,” I told her, I moved my gaze downward as an attempt to control my frustration. Not only was I sleep-deprived (thanks to my jet lag), I was kind of grumpy. Eve spent every second of the day hounding me to stay awake, not to mention….quality time.

          All through the morning, Eve planned various activities to do with John and me from movies to board games and cards.  Both of them took a break off work for a week, though John, my brother is on-call still. I needed to take some pain-killers, perhaps a drink.

“Joshy,” Sara said, slowly, holding the last syllable for three damn whole seconds.  Joshy was a new nickname Sara placed on me but unlike the others it was kind of annoying. I’m talking….real bothersome. Actually, ever since I got back, Sara was kind of… Clingy.

          I mean, she was the same Sara I remembered, but something changed. I think I changed. I respired and combed my fingers through my hair. A couple of strands stood up. “You got to go soon, right?”

          “Why?” Sara actually looked confused at my question. The magazine slipped off her lap as she got off the bed, one leg at a time. Her feet tucked themselves in a pair of slippers by the bed.

Her hand, unconsciously, went to her nose, and she played with the earing looped around her right nostril. She changed her looks the most over the time I was away, however I wasn’t the one to judge. I had my fair share of changes. The black dye was fading from my hair, but a couple streaks marks my hair strands giving it a dirty-blond feel.

          “Alana’s family is coming over for dinner,” I said, my hand moving back to the tie around my neck. It was a neutral shade of red.

 My brows furrowed, as Sara moved closer towards me. Her arms wrapped themselves around my chest while her head pressed on my back. I tensed at the pressure. “What are you doing?”

          She ignored my question. “Can I sleep over?” She muttered into my blazer. “I missed having you around, you know.” This is probably the third time she asked me that this week. Of course this isn’t the first time she asked me, she stayed over a ton of times before. The thing was…I didn’t feel like having her over. It seemed wrong to me.