CHAPTER-2 Mira's Call to Duty

Mira awoke to the early morning sunlight gently filtering through her bedroom curtains. The sound of chirping birds and the soft rustling of leaves outside her window greeted her as she prepared for another day at the hospital. In her formal attire, she looked both professional and confident, ready to face whatever challenges the day might bring.

As she was putting on the finishing touches to her outfit, a familiar voice called out from the other side of the door, "Mira, it's Karan. I'm here for breakfast."

Karan, her older cousin  brother and a renowned architect, was always a welcome presence in her life

Karan, her older cousin  brother and a renowned architect, was always a welcome presence in her life. He was five years older than Mira and had been a source of inspiration and guidance for her. Their bond was strong, partly due to their shared family values and partly because they had both grown up under the watchful eyes of their mama and mami, who had been their pillars of support since the untimely demise of Mira's parents.

With a warm smile, Mira opened the door and joined Karan for breakfast in her cozy apartment in Delhi.

Karan's younger sister, Riya, a vibrant and talented fashion design student, soon joined them

Karan's younger sister, Riya, a vibrant and talented fashion design student, soon joined them. The three cousins chatted amicably as they shared a hearty breakfast, catching up on the latest happenings in their lives. Karan, being the responsible elder cousin, advised Mira on her career and life choices. "You're doing great, Mira, but never forget to balance work and family. Our mama and mami have shown us the importance of both. Your journey as a medical professional should be filled with compassion and dedication."

Mira nodded in agreement, knowing the wisdom in his words. After breakfast, they bid each other farewell and headed in their respective directions. Mira made her way to the nearby metro station, where she was to catch a metro to the hospital.

 Mira made her way to the nearby metro station, where she was to catch a metro to the hospital

With her headphones in and music playing, Mira hummed softly as she enjoyed her journey. The rhythm of the city and the soothing music in her ears made her feel at ease. However, her tranquility was soon disrupted by a commotion in the metro.

Mira quickly removed her headphones and turned her attention to the source of the disturbance. A lady who was traveling with her six-year-old daughter had collapsed, clutching her chest. It was evident that she was having a heart attack. The panic and confusion of the passengers were palpable. Mira sprang into action, her medical training kicking in. She pushed her way through the crowd and knelt beside the stricken woman, immediately starting CPR. With a calm yet authoritative voice, she instructed the onlookers to clear the area and call for an ambulance. She knew that every second counted.

Mira continued administering CPR, her steady hands and unwavering determination keeping her focused on the task at hand. Minutes felt like hours, but she didn't give up. Finally, the ambulance arrived, and the paramedics took over, commending Mira for her quick thinking and skillful intervention.

She accompanied the lady and her daughter to the nearby hospital, ensuring that the girl was comforted and supported during this difficult time. Mira called the hospital's emergency department, alerting them to the incoming patient. As the lady was rushed into the hospital for further treatment, Mira stayed with the young girl. She asked the child for any information that could help contact the family. Through the patient's phone, they were able to find her father's contact information and get in touch with him, assuring him that his wife was receiving medical attention.

Dr. Raghav, a renowned cardiologist at the hospital, came out of the ICU where the lady was being treated. He praised Mira for her quick response and skill in administering CPR, acknowledging that her actions had made a significant difference in the patient's chances of survival. Mira, a dedicated member of Dr. Raghav's team, followed him to his office, where she was greeted by her colleagues, including Rahul, Veer, Jay, Kritika, and Priya, who was Dr. Raghav's daughter. They all wished Dr. Raghav a good morning and were ready for their daily briefing. Dr. Raghav invited their input on the current case, and they eagerly shared their observations and recommendations. After a thorough discussion, he thanked them for their valuable insights and dismissed them to carry out their assigned tasks for the day.

Exiting the office, Mira's friends congratulated her for her life-saving actions, hugging her and expressing their admiration. Kritika, her best friend was particularly proud of Mira's heroic act. They parted ways, ready to face the challenges and rewards that their profession had in store for them. As Mira continued her work in the hospital, she reflected on the events of the day. She had acted swiftly and decisively, saving a life in the process. Her commitment to her career, along with the guidance of her loving family and the support of her friends, had led her to this defining moment. Mira was not just a dedicated medical professional; she was a true heroine, embodying the values of compassion and service that her mama and mami had instilled in her.

The day had reaffirmed her calling, and as she walked through the bustling hospital corridors, Mira knew that she was exactly where she needed to be, making a difference in the lives of those she cared for. Her journey as a medical professional had just begun, and with the support of her loved ones, there was no limit to what she could achieve.

•------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°