CHAPTER- 11 Unrequited love

VIKRAM'S POV

As I watch Mira and my brother Arjun embrace and confess their love for each other, my heart shatters into pieces. The pain is too much to bear, so I turn away and leave the garden with heavy steps. Sadness weighs me down, casting a dark cloud over everything.

Once I enter my room, silence envelops me, amplifying the ache in my chest. I sink onto the bed, feeling defeated and lost. Tears well up in my eyes as I struggle with the overwhelming emotions swirling inside me.

 Tears well up in my eyes as I struggle with the overwhelming emotions swirling inside me

I remember the countless moments we share, the laughter and joy that echo through the streets of Ratanpur as we explore its hidden corners. Our friendship blossoms with each passing day, intertwining our lives in ways I never imagined possible.

But amidst the cherished memories, there lingers a pain that cuts deep into my soul - the realization that Mira can never be mine. My heart aches with the weight of unspoken words, the confession I long to make hanging heavy on my lips.

As I lay here, lost in a sea of memories, I can't help but wonder what could be. What if I find the courage to speak up sooner? Would things turn out differently? But dwelling on the past only deepens the ache in my heart, leaving me adrift in a sea of regret.

Yet, even in the depths of despair, a flicker of hope remains - a glimmer of light amidst the darkness. For as long as there is love in my heart, there is still a chance for healing and for moving forward, no matter how difficult the journey may be.

With a heavy sigh, I wipe away the tears that stain my cheeks and make a silent vow to myself. I may lose Mira, but I refuse to lose myself to despair. I will pick up the pieces of my broken heart and find the strength to carry on, one step at a time.

Lost in my thoughts, a sudden ringtone pierces through the silence, jolting me back to reality. I glance at my phone and see that it is Arjun calling. With a heavy heart, I answer the call, my voice masking the turmoil within.

"Hello?" I say, trying to keep the tremor from my voice.

"Hello bhai, where are you?" Arjun's voice comes through the phone, filled with concern.

"I'm in my room," I reply, trying to sound composed despite the storm raging inside me.

"I'm waiting for you near the reception with my luggage.  Can you please come down?" Arjun asks, his tone urgent.

I hesitate for a moment, grappling with conflicting emotions. Part of me wants to avoid seeing Arjun and Mira together again, to spare myself from further heartache. But another part knows that I can't hide forever, that I need to face reality head-on.

"Okay, I'll be there," I say finally, steeling myself for what lies ahead.

With a heavy sigh, I hang up the phone and rise from the bed, pushing aside the waves of sadness threatening to engulf me. Stepping out into the hallway, I brace myself for the encounter that awaits me. 

Each step feels like a battle against the weight of my emotions. I try to push aside the memories of Mira and Arjun, focusing instead on the task at hand.

As I approach the reception area, my heart feels heavy with a mix of emotions. I see Arjun, Mira, and her family gathered there with their luggage. Arjun's face lights up with joy as he holds Mira's hand, their laughter filling the air like sweet music. 

Though I try to mask it, the sight of Mira with Arjun stirs a deep pain within me. It's as if someone has torn my heart out of my chest and left me feeling empty, hollow, and heartbroken.

Arjun notices me approaching and greets me warmly.

"Bhai," Arjun said, his voice tinged with warmth.

 He introduces me to Mira's family as his elder brother, and although it is a bittersweet moment, I smile and greet them warmly. Then, with a glow in his eyes, he shares something important.

With a heavy heart, I listen as Arjun reveals that he and Mira have confessed their feelings for each other and want to get married. His words feel like a weight of reality crashing down on me. It's as if the world around me has come to a standstill, and I'm engulfed in a sea of emotions. The pain of unrequited love gnaws at my soul, leaving me feeling shattered and vulnerable.

Mira's family is overjoyed at the news, but for me, it feels like my world has come crashing down around me. I try to hide my true feelings behind a smile, but inside, I'm breaking. The love I had for Mira is still there, and it feels like an unquenchable fire burning inside me. The thought that I have lost the one I love to my brother is unbearable.

Despite the ache in my heart, I manage to offer my congratulations to Arjun and Mira, masking my true feelings behind a forced smile. Deep down, I know that I have lost the one I love, and there is nothing I can do to change that.

As Mira's family mentions that they will discuss Mira and Arjun's alliance afterward, I nod in agreement, knowing that I will have to witness their love blossom from afar. It's like a dagger in my heart, but I try to put on a brave face and bid farewell to Mira and her family, wishing them well on their journey.

As we travel back home to Ratanpur, the journey feels longer than usual. Each passing mile is a reminder of the love I have lost and the pain that continues to linger in my heart. The tears keep flowing down my cheeks as I try to come to terms with the harsh reality of life.

Reflecting on the moments we shared in Udaipur and Ratanpur, I know that things will never be the same again. The memories of those days are bittersweet, and they only add to my heartache. 

But despite the pain of unrequited love, I resolve to carry on, to face each new day with courage and resilience. Though Mira's absence will leave a void in my life, I vow to cherish the memories we have created together and find solace in the hope that someday, my heart will heal.

As my journey continues, I find myself lost in thought. The path ahead seems daunting, but amidst the pain of unrequited love, there is a glimmer of hope for new beginnings with someone dear to me. 

Though my heart is heavy, I am committed to loving Mira forever, even from afar. Her happiness is my priority, even if it means letting her go to my brother Arjun. Memories of our moments together are etched into my being, and despite the pain, my feelings for her will endure. 

As we travel further away, her presence lingers in my mind. I will cherish our memories and hold them tightly, for it is the love we give and receive that defines us.

•------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------•