CHAPTER- 20 Divine Blessings and Hidden Dangers

MIRA'S POV

Today is the most special day of my life - my wedding day. I feel so happy and excited knowing that tonight, I'll be marrying Arjun, the love of my life. Last night was incredible, We danced and celebrated with so much joy.

 Everyone, from my friends to my family, showered us with blessings for our future together. I wish for nothing but happiness and blessings for Arjun and me as we start this new journey together.

This morning, I'm getting ready to go to the Devi temple with my mami and some elders from my family.

It's a tradition in our family for the bride to light a lamp at the temple to seek blessings for the groom's long life. Since there's no Devi temple in Ratanpur, we're going to the next village where there's a beautiful temple.

I dress in a simple suit and head downstairs. But before we leave, Vikram ji, Arjun's brother, stops us and asks where we're going. My mami explains our plan to visit the temple to light the lamp for Devi Maa's blessings. Vikram ji nods but insists that we take Raghu bhai with us for safety.

 We hesitate at first, but Vikram ji insists, saying that it's safer to have a man accompany us, especially since the temple is in a remote area. Finally, we agree, and we set off in three cars.

After a two-hour drive, we reach the temple.

It's magnificent and beautiful, Raghu bhai and his men wait for us near the entrance while we go inside

It's magnificent and beautiful, Raghu bhai and his men wait for us near the entrance while we go inside. The panditji warmly welcomes us, and we offer him a thali filled with fruits, dry fruits, with  henna, perfume, sandal wood paste, Bindi, sindoor, Kajal, and some ornaments such as necklaces, earrings, flowers , finger rings, bangles, armlets, waistbands, ankle-bells, kajal, toe-rings,and a red chunri for Devi Maa's  sharanagar. .

As I stand before the divine statue of Devi Maa, I feel a sense of peace wash over me.