CHAPTER -17 A CLASSICAL NIGHT

VIKRAM'S POV

Today is a day filled with nervous anticipation and excitement. Mira's family, along with their relatives, are scheduled to arrive this evening for the wedding, which is set for tomorrow. As the head of the village and guardian of the family estate, I have taken every precaution to ensure that everything goes smoothly.

 I've doubled the security around the haveli and throughout the village, not willing to take any risks, especially with the recent unsettling discoveries concerning the drug racket.

I'm in the midst of double-checking the decorations and preparations when I notice a car pulling up at the entrance of the haveli. Relief washes over me as I recognize Arjun stepping out of the vehicle.

 However, he's not alone,he is accompanied by three other individuals. As they approach, Arjun introduces them as his friends and former colleagues from the hospital where he worked in the city—Namit, Karan, and Vansh.

I nod, extending a warm welcome to them, expressing my delight that they could join us for this auspicious occasion. Turning to one of the servants, I instruct him to take Namit, Karan, and Vansh to their respective rooms along with their luggage, considering they've come from a long journey and must be in need of some rest.

As the group disperses, I call out to Arjun, who seems to be heading towards his room. " Arjun, wait, What is this, Arjun?" I ask, my tone a mix of relief and reproach. "I know you are a doctor and have work commitments, but this is your wedding, not mine. I expected you here earlier."

 Arjun apologizes, citing delays due to work issues. I remind him to quickly change as Mira and her relatives will soon be arriving.

Two hours later, I'm at the entrance of the haveli, welcoming Mira and her family. Everyone seems in good spirits as they are shown to their rooms to rest after their journey. 

Tonight, as a special treat and a way to showcase our rich cultural heritage, I've arranged a classical performance night in the haveli's garden.

I make my way to the garden, where the event is to take place, finding Raghu already there.

The garden is beautifully lit, with lanterns strung from trees, casting a warm, inviting glow over the area

Lanterns sway gently in the breeze, casting a soft glow over the scene, while the scent of jasmine and rose fills the air, adding to the ambiance of the evening.