CHAPTER-15 Whispers of Change

MIRA'S POV

It has been exactly one month since Arjun and I got engaged, and I am still feeling the excitement in my veins. We celebrated our engagement for two days in Ratanpur, and the memories of those days are still vivid in my mind.

 Upon my return to Delhi, I received countless congratulatory messages and wishes from my colleagues at the hospital, including senior doctors, interns, and nurses. Despite the busy work environment, my mind is focused on my decision to leave my job in Delhi and join Arjun in Ratanpur to help with his mission of serving the poor at the village hospital.

The thought of working with Arjun at the village hospital and making a meaningful impact on people's lives fills me with joy. I was deeply inspired by Vikram Ji's work and dedication during medical camps, and I am eager to follow in his footsteps. Together, Arjun and I can change the lives of those in need and make a difference in the world.

As my last day at the hospital approaches, I am filled with mixed emotions. On the one hand, I am excited to start this new chapter in my life, but on the other hand, saying goodbye to my colleagues and the hospital staff is not easy. 

They have been my family away from home, and I will miss them dearly. On my last day, my colleagues gathered to say goodbye, presenting me with gifts and a beautiful bouquet. I am grateful to my mentor, Dr. Raghvendra, for his guidance and support in shaping my career.

When I arrived home, I was greeted by my mama, mami, and cousins. We hugged each other tightly, and I felt the warmth of their love enveloping me. My parents are not here with me, but my mama and mami have always been there for me, providing me with unwavering support and love. I am eternally grateful for their presence in my life.

The next day, we went on a shopping spree for my wedding. My mama and mami insisted on purchasing sarees and ornaments for me, showering me with love and affection. Despite my protests, they reminded me that I am their daughter, and they want nothing but the best for me.

After a day of shopping, we returned home with our arms full of treasures. Over dinner, we discussed the upcoming wedding functions and finalized our plans. Soon, we will be leaving for Jaipur, where the festivities will begin before culminating in Ratanpur for the wedding.

As the evening drew to a close, I found myself reaching for my phone to call Arjun. It had been a week since we last spoke, and I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that had settled over me. He had been distant lately, and I worried about him. However, I reminded myself that he was working tirelessly for the welfare of the village, and perhaps I was overthinking things.

With a sigh, I pushed aside my concerns and focused on the excitement of the days ahead. As I drifted off to sleep, I was filled with anticipation for the new chapter that awaited me, a chapter filled with love, adventure, and the promise of a bright future with Arjun.

VIKRAM'S POV

It's been a few weeks since Arjun and Mira's engagement, and the village is bustling with excitement as we prepare for their upcoming wedding. Raghu and I, along with the entire community, are lending a hand in making all the necessary arrangements. But amidst the joyful chaos, today holds a somber significance for me.

It's the anniversary of my parents' passing, a day that weighs heavily on my heart each year. Despite the pain of their absence, I find solace in continuing the tradition of conducting a bhoj, near the temple  for the villagers, in their honor. It's a way for me to pay tribute to my parents and seek blessings for their souls' peace.

Usually, Arjun would be by my side, offering support and helping with the preparations. However, he had to leave for Delhi on urgent medical business, leaving me to oversee the bhoj alone. Despite his absence, I am determined to carry on the tradition and honor my parents' memory in the best way I can.

As the villagers gather for the bhoj, I take comfort in the familiar faces around me. With each plate of food served to the needy, I silently pray for my parents' eternal peace and for blessings to shower upon Arjun and Mira as they embark on their new journey together.

In our culture, it's believed that feeding the hungry is a noble act, one that brings immense blessings and goodwill. And as I witness the gratitude in the eyes of the villagers, I am reminded of the importance of selfless service and the power of community in times of both joy and sorrow.

It's late evening, and Raghu and I are returning home after conducting the bhoj. The event went smoothly, but it took us longer than expected to clean up and complete all the tasks near the temple. Raghu is driving the jeep, and I'm sitting beside him in the passenger seat. We're both in good spirits, relieved that the bhoj was conducted peacefully without any issues.

As we travel towards home, chatting about the evening's events, we suddenly encounter a startling situation. Out of nowhere, a man appears in front of our car, and despite Raghu's best efforts to avoid him, the inevitable happens – our car collides with the man.

We quickly bring the jeep to a halt and rush to check on the injured man. It's a distressing sight – he's badly injured, with blood streaming from a wound on his head. With the nearest hospital far away, Raghu suggests seeking help from a retired doctor who lives nearby. Without hesitation, we decide to take the injured man to the doctor's house.

Carefully, Raghu and I lift the man and gently place him on the last seat in the jeep. With a sense of urgency, we drive towards the retired doctor's house, hoping that he can provide the medical assistance needed to save the man's life. The atmosphere in the jeep is tense as we navigate the dark roads, praying for the injured man's well-being.

Upon reaching the doctor's house, we waste no time in explaining the situation to him. The retired doctor springs into action, quickly assessing the man's condition and providing necessary first aid. With his expertise, we hope that the man will have a fighting chance at survival.

As the doctor tends to the injured man, Raghu and I wait anxiously, our minds filled with worry and concern. Despite the urgency of the situation, there's a sense of relief knowing that we've done everything in our power to help the injured man.

After what feels like an eternity, the doctor emerges from his house and delivers the news – the man's condition is critical, but  he is stable for now.

The retired doctor advises us against moving the injured man until he regains consciousness, citing concerns for his well-being. 

I nod in agreement, understanding the gravity of the situation. Offering assistance, I suggest arranging everything necessary for the injured man's care within the doctor's home. The doctor agrees, and he provides us with an identity card belonging to the injured man.

 Upon inspection, I discover that the man is a journalist named Ankur Sharma, associated with Daily News.

My mind races with questions about why this journalist  was in the outskirts of the village, But without answers from Ankur himself, speculation serves no purpose.

Raghu decides to stay at the doctor's house to keep watch over Ankur, and ensuring he can provide any assistance needed.

As I make our way to the doctor's house, my thoughts are consumed by the events of the evening. Ankur's presence in the village, particularly in such a remote area, raises suspicions. Was he running from someone? Was he in danger? The questions linger unanswered. There's more to this story than meets the eye, and I'm determined to uncover the truth, whatever it may be.

•------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------•