3.0 | Plans

Halloween special, everyone! I promise I'm working on the requests, don't give up on me!

tw: I really don't see any but if you do, tell me.
3.0

It was late in the afternoon, and you were bored to death. It's Halloween, and you should be doing something, afterall. It's been a boring ass day, but not because of your environment, not at all, but because you didn't match their energy. At school, you didn't budge participating in the Trick or Treat, or to tell your friends your costume of choice. At first, you were pretty excited, because this would be the first actual Halloween you'd have, spending it with a family, not at the orphanage.

Taylor adopted you almost a year ago, at Christmas Eve, and this would be the first Halloween you'd spend together, and since it's your favorite weekend, you were really looking forward to it. However, as always, you saw a lot of headlines about how Taylor Swift would spend her Halloween, her costume and her plans - and none of them included you. They all mentioned Travis, Selena, Blake and her close knit group. So, as a force of habit, you didn't ask her if that was the truth following, you just assumed it was. So now, all of the excitement you felt was absolutely gone. You didn't even buy a costume, and you're just sitting in your room, upset and disappointed by how your first actual Halloween is going. And even if it was silly, you felt like crying. You wanted to get it off your chest as fast as possible.

You started to sob faintly, but your sobs started to increase with the matter of your frustration and time, so when Taylor got home and went to the Kitty Committee Studio, also known as her room, you didn't hear her heels collapsing on the ground, and neither did the sneakers that would accompany her. She knocked on the door three times, like usual. You jumped out of fright, cleaned your tears and let her in. She had a big suitcase with her, but seeing your state, she dropped and came running towards you.

"Hey, darling! What's the matter??" She approached you, hugging your cold body.

"Nothing, Tay. I swear I'm fine, it's just bullshit." Taylor frowned.

"It's not nothing if you're crying for it. Come one, you can tell me. I'm here for everything you need, you know that, don't you?" She asked you, and you nodded. Hesitating, you vaguely looked at the wall with your picture hung up. "It's okay, let it all out."

"I'm sorry, Taylor. This is silly but.." you choked through your words.

"Don't say that, baby. You know your feelings are valid." She said.

"It's just..Halloween."

"What? I thought you'd be excited since your first Halloween with me. What happened?"

"It 's just.. I've seen the headlines, Taylor. I know how you're spending halloween." You said, hoping she wouldn't hear you.

"And? Sorry Y/n, I don't follow."

"I know all of your plans, and I know none of them are with me." You sobbed one last time, embracing your own self in comfort.

"Oh, darling. Who told you that? You know you're the first thing I think about when I arrange plans."

"But.. but they said.. you'd be at Travis' party,and I can't be there with all the fancy shit and cool people. They don't know me. It's one thing to be sitting in Blake's living room playing with Inez but it's a whole different thing to be around famous people I don't know. What will they think of me? What impressions am I going to pass on? I wasn't even invited to go, I can't just show up like that. I'm not this spoiled brat. I'm sorry if this disappoints you, mom." You sting, while Taylor is staring at you, absolutely heartbroken that this is where your mind is at the moment. Is that why you're so quiet around most of her friends? Why you refuse to go to any award shows or private afterparties? Is that why you refused to meet Travis in the first place, because you're worried about what they will think of you?

"Is that why you never want to be seen with me, babygirl?" She asks carefully.

"I mean, for fucks sake, I can't even bring myself to call you Mom, Taylor. I can't burden you with me. You don't have to worry about my whereabouts. I'm not your own anyway." you sigh heavily.

"Y/n, don't you ever say that. You're my daughter. I might not have been part of your first years and I might have lost your first steps, but that doesn't mean I love you any less. Do you have any idea how much void my life had before you came in? You saved my life, baby."She kissed your forehead. "And anywhere my daughter isn't welcome, i'm not to be there.. which is not the case."

You frown, and to your surprise Travis was standing in your doorframe.

"Can I come in, kiddo?" you nod, and he seats where your mom was previously seated, on the edge of your bed "Did you really think you weren't invited, are you kidding?" you look at him "I even bought you a costume, girl."

"Yo-you did?"

"Yes. Your mom might or might not have told me how much you love Pretty Little Liars, so I managed to get you an Alison DiLaurentis costume, from the day she went missing I assume." your mom comes back inside, with a bloody yellow ruffle top, dirty blue jeans and muddy ivory boots. She also had a makeup bag and a babyliss on her hands.

"I-is that all f-for m-me?" you blink twice, not believing the situation.

"Hell, ya! And I also got you a pumpkin to carve, and a bag for trick or treating.. I hope I'm not overdoing it, a little bird told me it was your first real halloween. So, do you take our invitation? We can help you pack, if that's the case."

"Pack for what, exactly?"

"Spend a few days with us in Kansas, Y/n. Please, tell me you're coming because I really want to get to know you better. I want to catch up on all the time we lost because you were scared. I'm not going to blame you because it's really nerve wracking to say the least, but you have no reason to back out. Besides, I'm sure you'll get along with all the fam. Please, do you take our invitation?" He says, looking at you, while you look at your mother, who's nodding.

"Yes, I would love that." He says, lifting you off the ground on a hug.

"Okay, I'm going to leave the ladies on their own to pack. I'll text Tree so she can fix the jet." He pecks Taylor on the lips really fast, and leaves the room.

"You see, baby? He absolutely adores you, and anyone would be crazy not to. Please, when you're feeling that way, communicate this with your words. And about you not being my own.. I know it's hard and that sometimes I'm not the fit for you, but.. don't say that, ever again, please. You have no idea how much I curse myself everyday that I didn't find you sooner. No matter if there's not a drop of my blood in this beautiful heart of yours, you're still mine and nothing's going to change that, alright?" You look up at her, smiling.

"Okay, mom." She looks at you with a wide smile, and hugs you again.

"Okay, my daughter, we have a plane to catch and a halloween party to crash." She grinned and started helping you with packing your bags. Your first halloween being a Swift. The first of many.