7.1 | The Moment I Knew

———> a sequel to "Give It A Chance". I highly recommend you read it first, then come back.

———> this is inspired by "The Moment I Knew", on Taylor's fourth studio album, Red. Also inspired by the whole Rory x Christopher x Lorelai x Luke.

Enjoy!

August 9th. It was finally there. Your heart was pounding off your chest. It's your fifteenth birthday. Today, fifteen years ago, a very loud cry filled Taylor's hospital room. You woke up, happy and beyond words, and soon before you knew, your mother came running towards you. She had tears in her eyes.

"Happy birthday, honey!" She smiled before hugging you "I love you so much!"

"Hey mom, thank you a lot. Why do you cry?"

"I just can't believe my little girl is fifteen already."

"Alright now" you said.

"Hmm, I see someone has stolen my line" Travis said, laying on the door frame with a smile.

"You better find another one, this is mine now." You replied back, giggling.

Travis and Taylor had been together for almost three years now, and your infamous dinner happened almost two years ago. You were so happy with your mother being happy that you didn't really care about who she was with. After Joe, any healing process is considered a bonus. But you couldn't lie, you were happy this person was Travis. Very happy. You had a great relationship, and he helped you with anything you struggled with, and even offered to tackle the guys at school that were giving you problems. You secretly wished he'd actually do it, but Taylor didn't let him.

"But seriously now, happy birthday kiddo." He said and went for a hug. "Well, this isn't your gift, but... we made this for you." He presented back, with a breakfast in bed tray. It had all of your favorites: from green apples and grapes to cookies and pancakes. It also had your favorite refresher - tango tea.

"Wow! How'd you know?"

"Well, let's just say I pay a whole lot of attention to my surroundings." he smiled. "So, excited about the party? Not even gonna ask about the rehearsal of your dance tonight." He said, regarding your quince waltz. You had gone over the whole choreography a billion times with each person in your family: your grandpa, your uncle Austin, your older cousins, Jack and Ed. Literally, everyone. Well, everyone but the most important person – your father.
Joe had called, saying he'd be there, but due to his job – because yes, apparently he has one – he wouldn't be able to go to rehearsals. You were so nervous about everything that you didn't have a full night's sleep until your mom came to hold you, like old times.

"Yeah, really excited, just a little afraid." you said, looking over at your mother.

"Why is that?" Travis asked, sitting next to you. Taylor was already on your bed, holding you hand. You had teary eyes.

"Just anxiety, nothing really." you responded, a cold, dead smile hanging from your lips. You didn't feel comfortable talking about Joe near anyone, but mainly Travis. He would always clench his jaw, pressing his knuckles until they were white. It made him pissed to know someone could do this to their own child.

"I'm going to take a shower now, oka? I need to relax." You sighed.

"Okay kiddo, I'll be waiting for you both downstairs, then we can head out to the venue. I believe we'll get ready there. Take your time, no rush. See ya." He pressed a kiss on your temple and left.

"Want some help?" Your mom said, smiling. "Hey, he's gonna be there. He said so, okay? You relax now."

______________________________________________________________