5.0 | A Mother Always Knows. (requested)

September 19, 2007.

Pregnant.

The word was written in small letters and in bold, but they still managed to make the young girl shake.

Pregnant.

A baby. A baby inside of her? That truly wasn't possible. Still nervous, she reached out for the pharmacy bag laid on the counter, unpacking the other tests she bought to herself.

Taylor patiently peed on all of the small cups that came along with the tests. They had an average of five minutes of waiting time. Shaking and alone in her brand new house, Taylor started to think about the next to-be-taken steps, feeling nervous and humiliated. Just the idea of having to take a pregnancy test so young was deceiving her values and it was mostly humiliating.
She had her whole life ahead of her. Seventeen, right on the corner of eighteen. Her career had just started. She COULDN'T be pregnant. She had to be a good girl. She had to do as she was told. She had to sit tight. A country girl, freshly out of Nashville. A drunk night couldn't blow it all away. And it wouldn't.

After the said time, Taylor returned to her bathroom, tears streaming her eyes as she saw the other five tests with positive on them. She was pregnant, for a fact. Just to think that twenty four hours ago, she was happy, but now, she's breaking down in tears. Kneeling to the ground, Taylor picks up her phone, dialing her mother as fast as she could. Even if she'd get scolded, she needed comfort. A comfort only a mother could give. Only her mother.

"M-mo-mom" Taylor started.

"Hey, honey. Are you okay?" Andrea was quick to notice her daughter's distress.

"No, I need you. C-Can yo-you come over?" Anxiety bubbled over her, and her breathing was getting shallower and shallower each minute that passed.

"I'll be there as soon as I can, okay? Why don't you start telling me what's troubling you?"

Taylor was quiet.

"Honey..?"

She still kept herself quiet, all to herself. This wasn't a phone matter.

The city was running slow today. Tons of traffic, horns going all over and all the way.

"Shit, baby. This might take longer than I expected it to. The city's slow today."

Meanwhile,  Taylor couldn't focus on her mother's words. She knew what was happening all too well. With Andrea's voice fading onto the background noise, the tears made their way out , while Taylor was gasping for air. Her mother's words sounded like a language she'd never heard, the time was going by too fast and the world was moving too slow: Taylor was having a panic attack.

"Taylor! I need you to breathe for me, can you please do that?" Andrea said, worried. "Nice breaths, in and out please." She said. This technique never failed when Taylor was a kid.

"Mom, please. Hurry." Taylor was able to get it out in a cry.

After what felt like forever, Taylor's mother rushed to her oldest daughter's bathroom, just to find her in the fetal position, laying on the cold hard ground. Taylor didn't need to say anything, because the six pregnancy tests on her counter spoke louder than words ever could. Andrea looked over at Taylor, feeling sorrow for her babygirl in that situation. She helped Taylor up and turned her A.C on. It was still the middle - end of September, so summer was still happening. She guided Taylor towards her bed, and tucked her in. Though they needed to talk, she knew that wasn't the time, and that Taylor wasn't read for that. She scooped next to her daughter, stroking her blonde locks.

"It's alright, honey. We'll talk later. You need to rest."

"Bu-but m-mom.."

"Enough. Rest. I'll be here when you wake up." She held Taylor closer, to help her fall asleep faster.