Chapter 12

Katsuki POV

I didn't leave. Something felt off. I know it did.

I had went back into the car and waited for my chance. The office was short on staff and I was certain that they would call Y/N in. Pains me to admit it, but she is damn good at her job. I had called in sick so I could avoid it. Like hell would I go work on my day off. 

As I had suspected, about 20 minutes later, I saw Y/N rush to her car. She glanced in my direction for a moment, and my heart dropped. I was so sure she had seen me, with her brows furrowing slightly and the slight head tilt, until she shook her head and got into the drivers seat.

Once she was out of sight did I re-enter the apartment complex. When I had eventually reached her place once again, I found her spare key hidden deep in the plant pot and unlocked the door.

I removed my shoes quietly while the scent of food engulfed my nose. Steam was emitting off of the stove as I saw freshly made... katsudon?

Turning my attention away was the soft creak I heard in front of me and I hid behind the kitchen island. The guy was still here which worked out very nicely for me otherwise I would of broke in-... let myself in without permission... for nothing. I heard a weak yawn and increasing footsteps towards me. Without thinking, I sprang up with my hand out, ready to explode whoever was in front of me...but I couldn't. I froze at the person standing 2 feet away from me on the other side of the counter. It really couldn't be him... He died years ago. It wasn't him.

It was some fucker trying to play me. I won't let that happen. No way in hell. He was very wary of my hesitation however, and just like he could read my thoughts, he answered my unasked questions.

"Long time no see.. Kacchan. I was expecting you to arrive sooner or later after that phone call but I didn't expect to see you this soon. She your dear lover or something?"

I was stuck in shock. I couldn't believe he was here... in front of me... It was really him. A gentle warmth emerged across my cheeks as he finished his sentence. Not too bright, but definitely noticeable. Damnit.

"No..you idiot. She- I- We are not lovers."

"Ah, so unrequited love then. How sad... well actually no. Not sad. That's the very, very least  you deserve."

His not so subtle hint to the past panged my heart. I know I did wrong then, and I regretted it every single fucking day. I'd do anything to change how our youth turned out. But I can't. I just have to deal with the facts in front of me.

"Deku listen-"

"No. You don't get to talk. I don't want to hear some half-assed apology from you.... however if you really want to apologies there might be a way."

"What is it?"

The look of confusion was worn on his face for a split second, and just from that alone I could already  tell that he wasn't expecting me to mean it. I didn't blame him. But I do want to make up for what I did in the past.

"Well? What do I need to do?"

"Take a swan dive Kacchan... and don't try any stunt to fake your death."

My body turned to ice. My breathing shallowed as the past came flashing back to me, as my younger self repeated those words to him. Those sickening words.

"Deku come on-"

"I said you don't get to talk. Either you do what I've asked or you get the hell out!"

The ice defrosted quick as anger grew hotter. " This isn't even your apartment, you can't tell me to do jack shit! What is your relationship with Y/N anyways? How do you know her? Or maybe she just took you in as she felt sorry for the pathetic loser you always will be, you quirkless freak."

I regretted the sentence as soon as I said them. However that was quickly settled as I ended up on the floor with a hard punch mark still lingering on my cheek.

"Get...out."

I knew not to provoke him any further. It was our first meet after so long, and it was definitely not in the place I thought it would be in. Heck, this wasn't my apartment. It wasn't his either but he had permission to stay, I didn't.

I stood up, giving him one last look before turning away and leaving, going back to my car and drove off.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SO PATIENT WITH ME AS I WRITE MY SHITTY ASS CHAPTERSSSSSS

THANK YOU AL SO MUCH FOR ALL THE READSSSSS!!
IM SO HAPPY THAT WE ARE AT ALMOST 1.9K!! AAAAAAAAAAAAA

IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY

EVERY READ MEANS SO MUCH TO MEEEE
THANK YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHHHH

SEE YOU IN THE NEXT PARTTTT
BAIIIIIIII XXXX

-Kayo

Word Count (822)