Epilogue

Thank you for reading this series! I hope na magustuhan niyo rin ang mga susunod pa.

The third book is the story of Lonzo De Haro entitled, "Moving Closely". Until then!

-Minyonette

💙💙💙

Epilogue

Magnus and I were able to join a 6-month marriage counseling program. May nag-recommend sa amin ng isang Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist sa Manila. Our sessions were twice a month. Kaya't lumuluwas na lang kami tuwing may sessions.

It was a good program. Tama si Magnus na kumuha kami ng professional guidance, lalo na at may privilege naman kami to get it. We both felt safe doing it with the support of our families throughout the process. The healing journey was humbling.

"You did what?" nanghihina kong tanong kay Magnus pagkatapos niyang magsabi sa therapist na sinubukan niyang lunurin ang sarili noong nakikipaghiwalay siya sa 'kin!

Magnus turned to me. Worry all over his eyes. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to confess this to you, baby. The attempt to take my own life was my sole decision. Though it was unsuccessful, I don't know how to tell you because you'll instantly think it was your fault..."

Tama siya. I cried in front of him and our therapist. The fact that Magnus tried to end his life because of too much pain our relationship caused him, sinisisi ko ang sarili ko.

In between sobs, I apologized to my husband.

"Caly, it's not your fault..." Bulong niya at saka niyakap ako. "Matagal na rin iyon. Tapos na at hindi naman ako umulit. I also realized that I was given another chance to live because it's time to know how to love and take care of myself..."

"I hurt you too much that you wanted to die! It's my fault! Kung nalunod ka talaga doon, alam kong ako ang may kasalanan. The pain I've caused pushed you to end everything, Magnus!"

"No, it was my choice. I thought it was the only way to stop loving you..." He stroked my back. "It's not your fault. I don't blame you for anything, Caly..."

"Calysta, Magnus is right," the therapist calmly consoled me, too. "The fact that he opened this to us now, means he truly gained something from that experience. He's coming forward not to open wounds or to blame. Your husband wants to admit this so we, especially you, Calysta, will know how to help him process a heartbreak or grief in the future.

"Again, his choices are his. Your choices are yours. There are outside influences. But in times we make decisions just like a suicide attempt, there's no one to blame. We just all thought that death is the easiest way to end the devastating emotions we feel inside. However, a talk with someone you trust that you know you can be vulnerable with, lightens our ache and burden a little. You don't have to isolate yourself."

Tumahan na rin ako. Hindi ko alam kung hindi ko na ba sinisisi ang sarili ko, pero nakinig na 'ko sa pagpapatuloy ng session.

"In marriage, the husband and the wife are usually the team here. But if the problem is between the both of you, again, still try to talk with each other. Pero kung lumalala lang lalo, that's when we call for outside help—a trusted friend or a fair family member. My advice is; Caly, keep a trusted friend in the same gender to tell your marital problems. The same with you, Magnus. Unless it's your parents. This way, neither of you won't create an unnecessary attachment to the opposite gender..."

I was drained after that session. Pagod na pagod ako—physically and emotionally. Noong nag-umpisa naman kami, umiiyak din ako. But it lightened me after.