Chapter 126 Part 2

Chapter 126 Part 2 – Library Pavilion (II)

Sujing’s gentle voice replied, “I am a disciple from the Main Peak of the ‘Su’ generation. My name is Sujing. I’m responsible for overseeing the Library Pavilion.”

Lu Yaoyao nodded in understanding — his role should be similar to a librarian.

But, the ‘Su’ generation… Lu Yaoyao solemnly straightened her back and said, “My Master is the Peak Master of South Fifth Peak.”

The Peak Master of the South Fifth Peak? Sujing momentarily froze, then realized, “So you’re a martial aunt.” He quickly paid his respects. The Peak Master of South Fifth Peak also held the position of Medicine Hall Master, so he was more known as Hall Master Mo. Sujing recalled that among the new disciples this year, there was one who had been taken as a personal disciple at a very young age by Hall Master Mo, probably referring to her.

Lu Yaoyao responded solemnly, “Nice to meet you, Martial Nephew Sujing.” She then shifted her gaze and walked toward him. “Are you familiar with the records in the Library Pavilion?” She looked up with expectant eyes.

“The Library Pavilion contains numerous records. To fully comprehend them would take at least a hundred years. Embarrassingly, I’ve been at the Library Pavilion for over a decade, and I’ve only scratched the surface.” Sujing humbly replied. Part of his daily task was to clean and organize the Library Pavilion. Not only did he have a deep understanding of the library’s collection, but he was also passionate about books and had impressive literary skills. Unsurprisingly, he was one of the candidate of the future scribes.

What a perfect timing! Lu Yaoyao raised her head eagerly and asked, “I’m curious about His Venerable. Does the Library Pavilion have his biography? And why are there so few records from nearly a thousand years ago?”

Clearly, Sujing had been asked this question before. He wasn’t surprised at all and patiently explained, “The Library Pavilion has a rule: if a notable individual is still alive, their biography won’t be kept here.” This meant that all the biographies in the Library Pavilion belonged to powerful figures who had already passed away.

Lu Yaoyao tilted her head in confusion. But hadn’t Lu Yuandao already passed away a long time ago? If he wasn’t lying about his identity as the former elder, there should be a biography of him in the Guiyuan Sect.

“Why? Does that mean biographies are only written after the person passes away?”

“No, the biographies of still-living great figures are kept in another location, and only the scribes have access.” These weren’t secrets, so Sujing answered directly. The unfinished works were stored on the highest floor of the Library Pavilion, accessible only by the scribes. Every generation had five scribes who aimed to produce authentic, unbiased accounts. Sujing was one of the direct disciples in line to become a future scribe. Alongside his four seniors, it was their duty to record the flow of history.

Lu Yaoyao was astounded upon learning that the Guiyuan Sect had such a system. As expected of a number one sect that had been around forever! These records were not only about personal experiences; they also included insights into cultivation, passing down legacies for the generations to come. As long as these legacies remained, even if the Guiyuan Sect were to be destroyed, it could still be rebuilt.

The person who came up with this method was truly ingenious. Who wouldn’t want to leave their mark on history? Those who were selected to have their biography written would not only not object, but would even actively cooperate.

Lu Yaoyao couldn’t help thinking — could the Devil Realm and Abyss develop a similar system, too? It seemed like literacy classes would be necessary to nurture future scribes.