Chapter 142

Chapter 142 – A Familiar Face

Amidst laughter and chatter, the group reached their destination. The grand gates of the estate were closed. Lu Yaoyao stepped forward, raised her hand, and knocked on the door, “Brother Yaqing, I’m back!”

The next moment, the door opened to reveal Yaqing, dressed in black. “Welcome back, You—… Miss Yaoyao,” he greeted.

Lu Yaoyao looked up with a smile, “They are my senior brother and fellow disciples from the sect, my good friends, here to visit our home!” She introduced.

After the introductions, Yaqing nodded and stepped aside, gesturing for them to enter, “Welcome.”

Lu Yaoyao stepped inside first. She then turned back to say, “Don’t be shy, make yourselves at home.”

“Pardon our intrusion.” Lu Junyang followed in.

Wen Zixing was next. He couldn’t help but cast a few curious glances at the person Yaoyao introduced as her distant cousin. This person was handsome, but for some reason, seemed to have no sense of presence.

The entire estate was splendid and had been thoroughly cleaned by Yaqing in the past month. Despite being the owner, Lu Yaoyao hadn’t had time to get familiar with the house before. Finding everything fresh and new, she simply suggested, “Let’s take a tour around.”

Everyone agreed.

Lu Yaoyao added, “There are enough rooms for you all to stay. Choose any room you like. This will be our secret base!” She genuinely hoped her friends would stay. The house was big enough to accommodate a hundred people! As for safety, she could guarantee that no devil beings would dare harm them with her around.

“I’ll take this room!”

“This one looks nice.”

Her friends didn’t feign politeness and quickly chose their rooms, excited by the idea. Although they might have no chance to use the rooms, who wouldn’t like to have a secret base?

As they approached another courtyard on the other side of the main building, Yaqing suddenly appeared, “Miss Yaoyao, Master is here.”

“Master?” Lu Yaoyao’s eyes widened in shock, first thinking of their Masters back in the sect. “Did he follow us here because we skipped classes?” But why? Isn’t the sect pretty lax with disciples not attending the classes?

Others seemed to think so, too. “Is it your Master? Is he here for you?” Wen Zixing blurted out.

Lu Yaoyao was just as confused. Entering the hall, they saw a strikingly handsome man in red attire, so stunning that his presence seemed to brighten the whole room.

Chao Muxue, Wen Zixing, and the others were captivated by his beauty and were stunned for a moment. Where did this handsome man come from?!

But Lu Yaoyao’s eyes sparkled, and she rushed forward, “Daddy!”

Daddy?! Her friends returned to their senses and gasped in disbelief. Chao Muxue’s eyes flashed in shock. How, how could it be possible? Is this really Yaoyao’s father?!

Wen Zixing exclaimed, “He’s your dad?” So young and handsome?

Lu Junyang was surprised too. Unlike his inexperienced juniors, however, he had seen a lot and found it reasonable that someone so extraordinary would have Yaoyao as a daughter.

“Of course, he’s my real Daddy,” Lu Yaoyao said proudly, then looked up at Lu Qingyu, “Daddy, what are you doing here?”

Lu Yaoyao quickly climbed onto Lu Qingyu’s lap and gave him a hug. She hadn’t expected Daddy to be here instead of at the sect. He must have known she bought this house. How smart!