Chapter 144

Chapter 144 – Boundary

Lu Qingyu held his daughter with one hand, his icy armor slowly melting away. He squinted slightly, “Sad? That word doesn’t exist in This Venerable’s dictionary.”

Lu Yaoyao didn’t believe it. In her eyes, her Daddy was always tough on the outside but soft at heart. She guessed, “Did you have a fight with Father and lose?”

Lu Qingyu’s face darkened instantly, “You think that hypocritical human is stronger than your Daddy?”

Lu Yaoyao blinked. Sure enough, Daddy’s mood was bad because of Father. He even talked badly about humans! Sighing inside, she deployed her usual sweet tongue, “How could that be? In my heart, Father and Daddy are both the strongest!”

Lu Qingyu’s gaze softened, “This Venerable’s much stronger than him.”

Lu Yaoyao coaxed, “Of course, Daddy is the strongest, the number one in the Yuanqi Continent! Unbeatable in the whole world! Daddy is the most powerful person Yaoyao has ever seen…”

“Hmph!” Lu Qingyu, appeased by the flattery, chuckled, “You have good taste.”

“Daddy, if something’s bothering you, you can tell me! It’s not good to keep things bottled up, it could lead to psychological issues.”

Lu Qingyu flicked her forehead, “You dare badmouthing your Daddy now?”

Lu Yaoyao rubbed her forehead, “I’m not badmouthing. If something bothered your mind, share it with your little cotton-padded jacket. I won’t tell anyone.”

“You?” Lu Qingyu looked at her disdainfully, “You call yourself a cotton-padded jacket? More like a drafty jacket.”

Lu Yaoyao stood up on the bed, hands on her hips, “Where am I drafty? Daddy, you mustn’t speak bad about your only daughter.”

“Everywhere. The cotton-padded jacket’s so drafty it’s not warm at all.”

Lu Yaoyao pouted, “You are speaking bad about me now. Do you no longer want your daughter?”

“Will you be a good girl, then?”

“I’m always a good girl.” Lu Yaoyao saw her Daddy beating around the bush and suddenly smacked her forehead, “Daddy, you’re not planning to find me a stepmother, are you?” Remembering rumors about the Devil Venerable having more than a hundred beautiful concubines, she blurted out, “I can accept a stepmother, but only one!”

Realizing her mistake, she quickly corrected, “Two, actually.”

One for Father and one for Daddy. No more than that.

Lu Qingyu: “…”

After speaking, Lu Yaoyao felt sour and distressed, “Daddy, will you treat me badly after marrying a stepmother? If you have other children, will I become a poor little cabbage?” They said when you have stepmothers, fathers become stepfathers. When Lu Yaoyao imagined her Father and Daddy having another family and forgetting about her, she suddenly wanted to cry. That’s too sad! Too miserable!

Lu Qingyu tapped her forehead again, sounding annoyed, “What nonsense are you talking about?”

Lu Yaoyao covered her forehead, her mouth pouting, “I’m not talking nonsense. You and Father have been single for over a thousand years. Won’t you eventually meet someone you like? It’s not like you’ll stay single for another thousand years, right?”

Cultivators in the Great Ascension stage virtually had the same lifespan as the earth itself. Unless they met an untimely accident, Yao Jiuxiao and Lu Qingyu would have many more millennia ahead of them, and their lifespans would extend even further if they ascended. Both of them were currently over a thousand years old, but given their cultivation levels, they were actually still pretty young.