Chapter 148

Chapter 148 – Radical Ideas

“Daddy! Father!” Lu Yaoyao’s face was flushed with excitement as she stood opposite the chessboard, tugging at the hem of each of her fathers’ clothes. What a great day it was! Father and Daddy were getting along so well!

She looked left and right, brimming with satisfaction, feeling double the joy!

However, Yao Jiuxiao didn’t seem to share his daughter’s happiness. His gaze was indifferent as he signaled Lu Yaoyao to start her swordsmanship practice and not slack off.

Lu Qingyu’s lips curled up into a smile, “It seems Daddy hasn’t seen you practice with your whip for a long time.”

Lu Yaoyao: “…” Her moment of happiness was so fleeting.

“Father, Daddy!” The little dumpling sighed dramatically, patting her shoulders and looking up with a serious expression. “Don’t you think my tender shoulders are bearing too much? I’m so young!”

She was still just a child!

Lu Qingyu laughed out loud, his smile so beautiful that it dimmed everything else around him, leaving only his stunningly handsome face visible.

Lu Yaoyao’s eyes widened in wariness.

“Aren’t you always saying you’ve grown up?” Lu Qingyu teased.

Lu Yaoyao cautiously replied, “I can still be a little cub under special circumstances.”

Yao Jiuxiao coldly stated, “Cultivation requires relentless effort and must not be abandoned halfway.”

Lu Yaoyao protested with dissatisfaction, “Have you ever seen a child more talented than me?”

Yao Jiuxiao frowned, displeased. His daughter was becoming arrogant.

Lu Yaoyao sensed the danger and quickly climbed up, sitting on Yao Jiuxiao’s lap and smoothly changing the topic. “Father, I have something very important to ask you.” She emphasized, “Very, very important.” Looking up, she inquired, “Father, are there spies in our sect?”

Yao Jiuxiao, who was about to lift her by the neck, paused at her question. “Why do you ask?”

Lu Qingyu picked up a black chess piece and casually put it on the chessboard, chuckling softly. “The honorable Guiyuan is the top sect in the Cultivation Realm, attracting attention from all three realms. Isn’t it normal to have spies?”

Lu Yaoyao exclaimed in realization and directly asked, “Daddy, did you also plant spies here?”

Lu Qingyu smiled nonchalantly, “What do you think?”

Lu Yaoyao was worried, “Then are there also spies from the demon race?” Was it that easy to infiltrate the sect?

Yao Jiuxiao calmly stated, “The larger the sect, the more complex its members. While there are spies working within the sect, acting as the eyes and ears for various forces, they pose no threat.”

Having stood in the top position for so many years, Guiyuan Sect had naturally developed its own survival strategies. Completely blocking spies wasn’t feasible, but they could control what information was allowed to leak. While Yao Jiuxiao wasn’t involved in the sect’s day-to-day affairs, he was once trained to succeed as the sect leader, so he wasn’t ignorant of such matters.

“The demons and devils pose even less of a threat.” The sect’s most vigilant defense was against other races. There was a barrier on the boundary separating the three realms, and Guiyuan’s own entry trials were another defense. Any intruder with significant power could be easily detected and would fail to stir any trouble.